Chapter 6

Chapter 6

~Raksha's POV~

I felt the water surround me, pulling me under.

I kicked my feet beneath me, trying to reach the surface. I struggled against the current, kicking at it, trying to push it away. After a few minutes of fighting it, I finally surfaced and took a big gulp of air.

I looked around for Kankuro but couldn't spot any sign of him. I took a breath of air and held it, diving under again, looking around under the water to see if I could spot him. Again, nothing.

I resurfaced, yelling,"Kankuro! Kankuro! Can you hear me?! Kankuro!" I whipped around at all angles, searching for him.

I looked up to catch my bearings and realized that while I was under for those few minutes, I had effectively moved at least 20 feet away from where we had jumped. I could see all of the Akatsuki members-including Itatchi, Kisame, Zetsu, Konan, and Pain-standing at the edge, watching me.

I looked around some more for Kankuro, then dove under the water again, this time swimming as far away from the others as possible.

I stopped swimming every 5 minutes to look back and make sure Kisame or someone else wasn't following me, then I'd call for Kankuro. By the time I finally got to shore, I was frantic at finding him.

I ran up the hills and plains, all along the shore, shouting and calling for Kankuro. The storm was coming in quickly, the tides getting more and more dangerous. I tried using my abilities to calm them down as much as possible, but not even I could control an entire sea on a rampage.

"KANKURO!!!!!!!" I yelled once more before ducking away from the storm.

I hid in a nearby hut that seemed to be abandoned.

I paced anxiously around the small, freezing hut and kept looking out the window in search of Kankuro.

"Shit, Gaara's going to kill me!" I mumbled to myself.

I waited for another hour or so until the storm had subsided to a light drizzle before taking off again. I circled all around the shore of the large body of water, but still couldn't find any sign of Gaara's brother.

"Ugh! Damn it! KANKURO!!!!!!" I called, still running.

The sun soon began to set, and I became even more agitated and worried.

I bit my thumb nail, lost in thought, You've sure been quiet, Gobi.

You've been a little busy today. He answered back.

Yeah well I could use your help finding Kankuro.

It's been raining. I can't pick up a scent that's been washed away.

I kicked at the ground,"Just great! Ugh!" I kicked it again and this time chunks of the ground flew off and the ground cracked open into large craters out in front of me.

Don't let your emotions get the best of you or else you'll cause an earthquake or something. Gobi advised.

"Yeah yeah yeah."

He stayed silent after that and I continued on my search that soon seemed hopeless.

The moon rose high above the sky by the time I reached a small village.

I stopped on the outskirts and took off my almost dry Akatsuki cloak, folded it up, and put it into my backpack. I did, however, keep on my headbands.

The village seemed to be disserted, not a single person in sight, nothing but the sound of animals came to my ears.

It seemed a little rundown, I will admit. Dusty dirt roads with worn-down buildings, broken windows and hanging doors.