Chapter 16

Hello! I know things have been a bit boring these past couple of chapters, BUT that shall hopefully be changing soon! So, just sit back, relax, and read on my lovelies! ENJOY!

~Raksha's POV~

I awoke slowly later that night after going to bed with Gaara. Something I hadn't felt it what felt like a while woke me. It was a stirring inside, I could feel him there. He was making his presence known after taking a leave of absence.

Gobi was back once again. Missed me?

You only wish. About time, though. For a moment there I was beginning to think you'd vanished for good.

His laugh resounded in my mind, That would be your wish.

Where've you been, Gobi? It's unlike you to leave me alone for that long.

It was just a few days, Raksha. I figured you'd need it. With everything that went on and whatnot.

You were being considerate?  Disbelief laced the tone of my thought, I'll cave, where's the real Gobi?

Don't get used to it. I'm back now. Thought you had enough time to do whatever it is girls do after losing a loved one. But, back to business. What's your plan?

I sighed, glancing over at Gaara's sleeping form. I honestly wasn't sure how to answer. I knew what I wanted to do, but not what I should do. Was revenge really worth leaving Gaara again? If I decided to go after the Akatsuki, who knows how long it would take. It certainly wouldn't be an easy task. I couldn't go after them altogether as a whole. I'd lose for sure. I was strong, but not that strong. I'd also need help. As much of it as I could get, too.

There's always the Black Beast Rogues. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help. Gobi's voice chimed in.

Those thoughts weren't meant for you to hear. Stop eavesdropping.

You know I'm right, though. Fang would willingly offer you his help.

I'm not even sure it's the right thing to do. I'm with Gaara, officially. We're getting married-at some point. If I go down this path again, I don't know what will happen.

You could die. He stated simply, You probably won't, seeing as how you'll have me, Every, KiKi, and everyone in the Black Beat Rogues. We'll all be there to help you exact revenge. Which is the right thing to do, you know. They killed Gaara. He was dead, Raksha. If Chiyo hadn't been there, then he wouldn't be here now. They deserve everything you want to put them through. They've gone too far. They need to be stopped. You need to stop them.

"What is it you're trying to accomplish?" I didn't mean to, but I said it aloud. I was aggravated. I just wished Gobi would leave me alone again. I still had a lot to think about, and knowing Gobi was listening in to my every thought annoyed me. This was something I needed to figure out on my own.

Getting out of bed, I crept my way out of the room. I didn't want to wake Gaara. I needed to do a little thinking alone. Or, at least, as alone as I could get. I made myself comfortable in the kitchen. I sipped a cup of hot tea, my mind was running a thousand miles per second. I was lost in my own world, it was clouded with decisions I wasn't even sure how to begin mulling over.

A sound from the hallway brought me back to the real world. The world where the decisions I had to make would occur. I was still sipping at the cup of tea-which was almost empty now.

A loud yawn met my ears as a figure came into the dimly lit kitchen. The moon shone from the kitchen window above the sink I had also lit the small fireplace to make tea. My eyes darted to the figure, taking in the unkempt hair and sleepy eyes of Every.