Chapter 8

OK! SO! I have a little proposition for you all my pretties... Whoever can make the best video of Gaara and Raksha will get a sneak peek into the VERY END of the series. Now, the end isn't going to happen quite yet, but I already know how I want it to end. So, I want you guys to come up with whatever anime picture you find that looks like Raksha-whether you draw it yourself or you find it somewhere else-and create a video on YouTube of her and Gaara and send a link of it to me in my message box. The winner will-along with getting a sneak peek into the end-have the next chapter dedicated to them and their video will be posted with the next chapter for ALL TO SEE!!! So, are you up for this little challenge?

Chapter 8

~Raksha's POV~

Running through the woods, Kekashi gave a short briefing.

"Last night, Deidara managed to slip by the Sand Village guards and began causing chaos in order to draw Lord Gaara out. Unfortunately, it worked. Deidara and Lord Gaara fought for I don't know how long. Lord Gaara managed to use his Sand Coffin technique on Deidara, he lost his arm. But in the end, Lord Gaara was defeated and fell from the sky. Deidara swooped him up and took off after that."

 "Simple technique. It's used all of the time. I'm surprised Gaara fell for it." I replied. I wanted to leave these guys behind and get to the Sand Village now. I knew I could, but like Kekashi said before, this is their mission, and I'm tagging along. But, Gaara's mine. I'll be damned if I let the Akatsuki hurt him!

You've already let that happen. I heard Gobi remind me.

Just shut up! I do not need you messing with my thoughts right now.

Too bad, because like it or not, you're stuck with me. What you need to do is clear your head and think about what to do. If you travel with these guys you'll be wasting your time. You know stuff that they don't, you're apart of the Akatsuki, meaning you know more of their tricks than they do. You know their hideouts and everything. Use what you know to find Gaara in time! he shouted at me.

I will! Just as soon as I can figure out everything...

Tuning back in, I realized that while arguing within the confinds of my own mind, I had sped up way past the normal speed. Meaning, I had left the others far behind me.

Stopping to catch my breath-not that I needed it-I waited impatiently for Sakura, Naruto, and Kekashi to catch up to me.

When they arrived, they were panting.

"Ra-Raksha, I get that you're worried, and that you can get there faster when you're by yourself, but come on." Naruto said between pants,"Either go on without us or stay with us. We can't use all of our energy to try and keep up with you."

"I can go on without you?" I asked hopefully.

Kekashi nodded,"Yes, just go. If you can save Gaara faster than we can then go for it. All that matters is saving him."

Nodding, I didn't waste no time in taking back off, this time at my top speed.

 All I could think about was getting there and finding Gaara. How dare Deidara do such a thing?! And Itatchi and Sasori were in on it too! How could they?!

The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. Gobi was getting excited as well, wanting out to let my anger manifest.

I refused him, a little reluctant.

Concentrating on where I was going, I noticed that the trees and foliage were thinning out, I should reach sand grounds soon.

As I had predicted, within less than 5 mintues, I was running on the soft, hot sand of the dessert.