ღA Melted Heartღ (Damon Salvatore) Repeating History

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" I asked Caroline as I walking past a school bus. Books were clutched close to my chest as I looked over to her.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to be the person." Caroline stated. I rolled my eyes and chuckled slightly.

"Maybe, you should be the bigger person." I said suggestively. She scoffed at me.

"It's impossible in her presence." Caroline said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" I asked her.

"She's a thief that's why!" Caroline exclaimed. I shot her a confused glance. Stole what? I wondered. "I gave her my necklace, and she refuse to give it back." Caroline said explaining it further. I nodded, taking it all in.

"Don't be an indian giver!" I said laughing.

"I'm not." She responded coldly. I sighed and looked down at my walking feet.

"Alright, I'm out of this little fight between you two." I said.

"Good." She said happily thinking she was completely right. I rolled my eyes. "So where's Elena? Have you talked to her?" She asked me changing the subject.

"She's kinda avoiding me." I stated not really wanting to talk about it.

"Why?" She asked, I groaned quietly. Of course she couldn't let it go.

"It's complicated. . . I guess, hard to explain." I said quietly. She was about to probably ask another question when the bell rang. Thank god! I thought.

"Alright, I have to go." I said to my blond friend.

"Bye."

I walked into the school avoiding everyone. I didn't feel like talking. I trudged into history class and sat down. I set the books I had been carrying on my desk. I let out a long shaky breath. As much as I tried to forget last night I couldn't.

Stefan wasn't in school, so that made me wonder. . . Why? I mean so many things popped in my head. Did he kill Damon? Did Damon kill him? My mind kept racing about what happened.

I was interrupted by a tall male entering the room. He had brown hair, and blue eyes. A pale complexion and a little bit of stubble on his face. I tilted my head, was he another substitute? Or was he the real deal?

"Alrighty." The man said, taking his jacket off and heading to the blackboard. He grabbed a piece of chalk and started writing. I stopped paying attention to him for a second and looked over to Elena. She was mouthing to Bonnie 'are you ok?' Bonnie just shook her head slightly in response.

I tilted my head confused, but decided to shrug it off and turn back to the board. "Alaric Saltzman." The man said pointing to the board where his name was written. "It's a mouthful, I know. It doesn't exactly roll off the tong. But, Saltzman is of German origins. My family immigrated here in 1755 to Texas." Alarc said taking a pause.

"I however was born and raised in Boston. The name Alaric belongs to very old great grandfather that is dead that I will never be able to thank enough. Pronounce it A-L-E-R-I-C but it's A-L-A-R-I-C. Ok so you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher." Alaric ended with a smile.

After class I ran after Elena. "Elena!" I called running down the hall. She ignored me and kept walking. "Elena! Wait!" I yelled again. This time she stopped.

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked faking a pout. It always worked. I was her younger sister for gods sake.