45. Love Declared

"Should I be?" Her question had made him restless, he found it hard to believe that she knew everything and yet was ok with it.

"Why?" His question echoed in the empty room. He stood from the chair and walked towards the glass wall. It was 2 am, where the whole world was busy dreaming, Wajahat was looking at the empty sky trying to find answers.

*******

"Stop it!!" Said an irritating Arqam to Aarish who was munching on a pack of cheese crackers like it was the last thing to do on earth.

"Whaaatttttt!???" He asked in an exaggerated tone and grinned at him like a Cheshire cat.

"Smile like that and you might just end up being single for eternity." Said Hisham with a horror stricken expression.

"Humph." He huffed and got back to munching.

"Wajahat!! If you're done admiring yourself can you please come out."
Zaigham knocked on the trail room door where Wajahat had locked himself, trying different suits for all the wedding ceremonies.  He glanced at the mirror and frowned. Dressed in a black and copper coloured Sherwani he looked no less than a king but he couldn't fathom the uneasiness he was feeling.

The last time he had this feeling he had lost something precious to him, he was afraid to think of anything further. He took a deep breath and gathered himself and stepped out of the trail room with tight smile plastered to his face.

"Awww!!! My waju is looking so so handsome." Said Aarish in a baby voice. Wajahat frowned at him but stayed mum.

"Are you alright!?" Asked Hisham, looking close at him.

"Yeah... I'm alright.... it's just....." he sighed And went back towards the dressing room.

"Something's wrong!!!" Said Aarish,  throwing away the crackers pack.

Wajahat came out with all the shirts, suits and sherwani he had tried and slumped down in the couch near by. He closed his eyes trying to calm his troubled soul. When he opened them he saw his friends looking at him with a worried expression. He smiled at them and shook his head but Zaigham interrupted before he could say anything.

"Don't say that you're alright!!!!... we'd like to know what the real matter is." He said frowning at him.

"I'm so curious more like worried at the fact that Falak knows everything  yet she looks so calm.... is that even possible !?" He more like questioned to himself.

Arqam, Zaigham, Hisham and Aarish, they glanced at each other and after a whole lot of silence they burst into fits of laughter.

"Hmph!!! I don't remember saying anything that funny." Wajahat huffed at all of them and marched towards the billing counter.

*******

It was midnight and mehek was still waiting for Ateeb, the last time he said "I'll be there in 5 mins." was 2 hours ago.

It had been 2 weeks since they got married. But Ateeb being Ateeb stated that he has been on holiday since 3 weeks and he needs to few corrections in his current project and they needed to be completed before they went to their honeymoon.

It was now one hour past midnight but mehek was still waiting for Ateeb, Falak had gone to her bedroom half n hour ago, she was persistent of keeping her company but mehek shooed her to her room. Stating she needed her beauty sleep if she didn't want to look like a panda before her wedding.

She stood beside the flower pots and bend down on the railings supporting herself on her elbows.She gazed at the moon, the cold breeze did little to calm her disturbed self, She was feeling neglected, but then again she tried to calm herself... she certainly didn't want to feel clingy. 
She walked back from the balcony towards the glass encased living room and slouched down on the couch.