43. Nikah Mubarak

Wajahat smiled at her answer and watched fascinated when she blushed a beautiful shade of pink

"Uhm uhm!!" Wajahat turned towards Aarish,  who cleared his throat.

"What!?" He questioned raising his eyebrows.

"Uh uh!! Staring is rude son." Said Aarish tilting his head back. Wajahat all but gawked at him.

"Fine fine no need to be dramatic." He huffed when Wajahat gritted his teeth.

"Now time for the real celebration!" He strode towards the main hall and this time came along with Ateeb. Mehek, who was clearly enjoying everything was now panicked. He made Ateeb sit right beside Mehek.

"You Mr., Ateeb bhai was not supposed to be here." Said Anaab.

"Is that so!? As far as I reckon it's his wedding." Said Aarish with a gesture of thinking hard.

"Uff you!! That's why he is not supposed to be here." She huffed back at him.

"Goodness me! You are worse than 19th century's people. " he muttered.

"What did you say!?" She frowned. Their bickering would have continued through out the night but stopped short when Tehreem and Sabura interrupted them.

"Asaalamu alaikum." Greeted Ateeb while laughing at Aarish and Anaab. He turned towards her when she stayed mum.

"You know it's too rude to stay mute when someone greets you." He said gazing at his soon to be better half.

"Walaikum assalam."

"Its just a matter of time...." he left his sentence incomplete. Mehek blushed a beautiful shade of pink at his words. 

The night came to an end with beautiful memorable moments where a few hearts came alive with new feelings. Anaab was one of them, unintentionally and uncontrollably a face with devilish twinkling eyes was now an interruption between her sweet dreams.

*******

"Masha Allah masha Allah!! My son is looking so handsome. May Allah protect you from evil eyes!!" Said Tehreem, looking at her son. Who looked like a prince in his wedding avatar.

"Mom!!" Ateeb blushed at her words.

"Uh huh!! Mom, bhai blushes just like my bhabhi! No wonder they are made for each other." Said Falak, peeping through Tehreem's shoulder. Tehreem laughed at her whereas Ateeb frowned, but smiled when Falak laughed at his reaction. All those days spent thinking about today were now gone.

Ateeb was going through a turmoil of mixed emotions, he was happy and scared at the same time, happy because the almighty was rewarding him with what his heart desired, but scared because now he was going to be responsible of someone else's life too. He had to support her where she needed him. Had to be the one whom she'd look out first in times of her need.

Rewarding a tight smile to everyone who greeted him, he was now seated infront of the qazi. His hand shook while signing on the Nikah certificate. But saying "Alhamdulillah" to the qazi felt so easy.

His heart bowed before the almighty with so much joy that uncontrollably his eyes turned moist. He wiped his eyes off while hugging Kafeel. But Kafeel, being his father clearly understood what his son was feeling.

And so, by the Almighty's grace, the Nikah was now done, bonding them together forever. He was led towards the side room of the ladies hall where Mehek sat adorned like a princess. Ateeb was supposed to see her first before the whole world saw her.

"Ah hah!! Not so soon bhai!" Said Anaab standing at the door.

"Not so soon!?" He asked smiling.

"Yes!! Sisters are rewarded before you get to meet your wife." His heart missed a beat at the title wife.

"Nope!! That's known as bribe." Said Aarish coming forward.

"Bribe? According to the rules its absolutely mandatory." Folding her hands and titling her head back she huffed. Mehek who could hear everything couldn't control her laughter inspite of the nervousness.

"Ah hah!! Where is the rule book, I need to see and rectify the mistakes done by the writer." He said laughing.

"Not everything needs to be written." She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes indeed, not everything need to be written just like not every thing needs to be said out loud." He said looking at her eyes intently. Anaab flushed at his words and dropped her gaze. The exchange of words certainely didn't go unnoticed by Falak and Wajahat. She wanted to say something but stayed mute because of Wajahat's presence. And Wajahat chose to stay mum for the time being.

Ateeb laughed at them and placed his wallet on Anaab's hand. She giggled at this gesture and moved away from the door. Ateeb entered the room, he took two steps forward but stopped short when he heard a thud behind him. He turned towards the door and found it closed, smiling he strode towards his beloved wife.

The rate Mehek's heart was beating she felt it might just jump out or her soon. She felt the couch dip beside her. She gulped trying to moisten her dry throat.

"Assalamu alaikum." Mehek's heart beat spiked up at his deep voice. Her face was hideen behind a veil. Though her dupatta was made of net material, the border was wide enough to hide her entire face. She moved her head to and fro, her answer to his greeting.

"That's not polite Mrs. Ateeb Murtaza." He moved a little closer and raised his hands towards her veil. She felt her cheeks warm at the way he addressed her. He lifted her veil and was dumbstruck at the beauty. Dressed in purple velvet lehenga which had heavy zardosi work from top to bottom with light pink net dupatta designed with seven inch thick velvet border filled with zardosi and zari work, adorned in diamond jewellery and bridal makeup she looked gorgeous

"Masha Allah." He said gazing at her with so much love. Mehek lowered her gaze a little bit more. Placing his forefinger below her chin he raised her head and moved closer to her.

"I'm waiting." His voice seemed a bit more deeper. Mehek forced her eyes to look at him and couldn't stop her heart from saying "Alhamdulillah" for he looked no less than a prince. Mehek couldn't look at his eyes for too long and lowered her gaze, on seeing this Ateeb moved a little forward again, he was so close to her that she could feel his nose touching her's. Her breath hitched at the close proximity.

"Wa...lai...kum...assalam" she said with great difficulty. Ateeb, who watching her closely uncontrollably closed the distance between them kissing her forehead, the first imprint of his love. A knock brought both of them to reality.

Reluctantly Ateeb moved back a little but he was still close enough that Mehek could feel his breath on her cheeks. He gazed at the pink tint on her cheeks and touched it with his lips. Mehek turned away from him trying to control herself. But Ateeb grabbed hold of her waist which made her stick to him. She felt Ateeb could hear her heart which seemed to aim for guiness record. Ateeb smiled at her, moving a little closer to her ears he whispered "Nikah Mubarak" she blushed hard if it was possible. He stood and walked towards the door.

Hi sweeties,

A new update with a touch of romance!
Forgive me if there are mistakes in it

Hope you guys like it enough to vote.

Please do share your thoughts through comments, it helps me alot improvising.

Have a nice time reading, enjoy.

Please do vote, comment and share.

Take care
With lots and lots of umlimited love
      Kiara💞