21. Sweet Moments

"Bhai!! Don't you think you're zoning out too much." Falak asked serving herself blueberry cheesecake.

"No actually, umm.."

"I was going to ask the same question Ateeb, you were so eager to leave, don't you think you're getting late." Kafeel asked with a smile.

"Yeah! Dad but it's just 7.15 so, there's still some time left." He wanted to slap himself. for he was the one who had decided the date for the conference meeting. Which was supposed to be held a week later, but he, who had all but wanted to escape, pre-poned the date. Now he felt so gloomy and sad about his flight tonight.

"Hmm!! Just 7.15, as far as I can remember you were feeling so..."
Kafeel was cut mid sentence by Tehreem.

"Oh Kafeel! Spare my boy!! He has already a lot to take in." She laughed and gently ran her fingers in his hair.

"Relax! You don't have a flight to catch."

"But dad, the meeting is very important I just can't miss it like that." He said frowning over his own words.

"It's postponed to its actual date, and before you ask how, I did it!!" Kafeel said sipping his coffee.

It was dinner time, Ateeb was seated near Adal and Yawar Aslam, having a casual chat over the stock market, that's when he heard a strange sound of leaves rustling behind him. He turned towards the sound and found Falak making the sound. He frowned when she gestured him to come to her.

"Falak! What are you doing here?" He asked looking at the floral bushes around her.

"Shh! Bhai!! You talk to loud!" With that, she grabbed his hand and dragged him inside the Bush, she led him to a staircase which was well hidden by the trees and bushes around them. It led to a small balcony behind the home.

"Falak where are we going?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"Relax! Bhai, just because you did not request me, doesn't mean I don't understand what you were thinking." She smiled at her brother.

"What are you talking about? Why are......" he stopped when he saw Mehek standing there.

"Bhai! Please don't waste your time by just staring at her, soon everyone will start searching for you. I'll be downstairs." Falak vanished behind the wall.

Ateeb felt so out of words for she was so beautiful, he had no words to describe his love for her. All evening when he was wishing to have a moment with Mehek, his sister had fulfilled his wish without him even wishing it out loud. He stepped towards her. Mehek felt so NERVOUS just by his presence now that he was heading towards her she felt like She was gonna have a mini heart attack any minute now.

Ateeb noticed her dress, it seemed like he had seen it somewhere before. Just then he remembered selecting this dress in a catalogue the other day.

"Assalamu alaikum." He greeted her with a small smile.

"Walaikum assalam." Mehek replied in a voice which was barely above whisper.

"You look beautiful." He whispered bending towards her. Mehek could feel her cheeks burning. The pink tint looked so beautiful on her, Ateeb wanted to say his feelings for her out loud.

"There are so many things I wanna share, that I want to express." She blushed at the words express. She wanted to move back for he was standing so close to her, but her body refused to obey her. She was glued to her spot.

"But this is just not the right time for me to express my feelings towards you." He gazed at her with love.

"I'll wait till the right time comes but I've got a question which I need you to answer truthfully. " she glanced at him briefly.

"Are you happy?" She knew what his question meant. She couldn't hold back the shy smile which broke free on her lips.

Ateeb felt himself on cloud 9 at her smile. Gently he held her hand and stroked her knuckles with his thumb, he came a little forward and whispered close to her ear.

"I would gladly mark them with my lips but we're not halal yet." Mehek blushed harder at his words and tried to free her hand from his palm. He smiled at her antics and released her hand after squeezing it gently.

"Take care." He whispered and left to join the guests downstairs.
Mehek leaned sideways towards the wall and held her heart. She smiled thinking about their sweet little private moment.

Hi sweeties,

A chapter dedicated to Ateeb-Mehek lovers,

Let me know your thoughts

Please vote, comment and share.

With love,
Kiara💞