Chapter 11-Distracted

Mary POV

I arrive at work, more distracted than ever. I clock in and get to my work station. I take orders, clean tables, and check on the baked goods for the counter. I try my best to distance from what had occurred with Charlie and Jason. I really wouldn't be surprised if Jason never showed up again at school. Two hours later, I check out for my break, and I take my mocha frappe to go. Today, I had made sure that I brought a notebook with me to write down what has occurred with me and my dreams, but I feel like I need to express myself further, so I call a bookstore to save a journal for me, so I go ahead and walk to the bookstore. As I am walking down the sidewalk, I can see my father coming out of a pub. I quickly hide behind a telephone pole, hoping that he hasn't seen me. He jumps into his truck and drives away. I breathe a sigh of relief and hurry on to the bookstore. I pick up my journal and walk back to my job. I try to distance myself from my dad, especially when he is in town. I arrive back at my job and check back to continue my work. 

Later That Day

I go ahead and leave at seven, heading for home. I jump onto my bike and take off. In anticipation, I am driving slow in case I hear Charlie's voice again. The last time I did, I almost crashed my bike. Luckily, there weren't any cars in the street, and I was able to drive slow. As I was driving down the street, I could see the streetlights flickering. I began to pick up the speed. The lights begin to flicker again, and I go a little faster. I can see my house, and just as I am about to pull up into the garage, I can hear bats screeching. My bike skids as I come close to the house. I dump my bike in the garage and head inside. I run straight to my room and lock the door. I try to catch my breath as I let myself fall onto the bed. My heartbeat is fast, and my anxiety is up. I gather my thoughts and emotions and do what I need to do. I go into my bookbag and grab the new journal I bought. I start to write down about the dreams, the flickering lights, and the countless times I saw Charlie. As I remembered when I saw Charlie the first time and what it did to me, my heart began to flutter. I looked at the time. It was 9:45 pm. I knew that I had homework, but I can finish it tomorrow since it is Saturday, and I get two breaks at work tomorrow. I lay out my clothes for tomorrow and my bag with my homework and the new journal that I bought. I brush my teeth and go ahead and set the alarm for 7:00 since I go to work at 9:00 in the morning. I get into my bed and try to fall asleep. I can feel myself drifting, and I can hear the lights flicker in my room, and Christmas music was playing on the radio that I had in my room. It was then that I knew that Charlie was coming from me, and I wanted him to.