Chapter 9-My Future

Mary POV

I wake up with a nosebleed and blood from my head. I struck myself when I fell on the floor. I realized that I still had the whole day to get through, plus an interview with my college advisor, Mr. Daniel Aylor. I quickly get up and look for a bandage from the teacher's drawer. I patch myself up, gather my things, and make a dash to my locker. My mind was bouncing back and forth as to what was occurring with me. I remember what had happened with Charles Manx, and it still felt like a dream. I shake it off, remembering what he told me, and I take the applications I made for my colleges with me to my next class. 

Later That Day

"Mary Davis, it's your turn to visit Mr. Aylor." My P.E teacher, Mr. Hopkins, tells me. I gather my belongings and head to the counselor's office. It wasn't a long walk from eh gym to the office, so I quickly rushed. As confusing as this day has been, I am very excited to see what my options are when I graduate next year. I enter the office and go to Mr. Aylor's door. I knock three times, and I hear a voice say, 

"Come in, Miss Davis." 

I enter the room and see the counselor. I won't lie: he is so gorgeous. 

All the senior girls are in love while I have a tiny crush

All the senior girls are in love while I have a tiny crush. It's not like a doodle his name in my notebook. 

"Miss Davis, what happened to your head?" Mr. Aylor asks me. 

"Oh, I fell in the courtyard, and I scraped my head. I'm okay, though." 

Mr. Aylor smiles at me and beckons for me to sit down. He then pulls out my transcript of the past four years for my academics. He quietly looks through the paper and begins to mutter to himself. 

"Well, your SAT and ACT scores were beyond perfect. Your grades are beyond perfect as well and you seem very determined to get out of this sleepy town. Tell me, what colleges have to applied to?" Mr. Aylor asks me. 

I thought long and hard so I respond with, 

"I would like to go to the Yale School of Psychology. The mind has always been a wonder to me and I would like to see how other people think." 

Mr. Aylor smiles at me and hands me a brochure. I smile when I look a it. It's not far from home but it is a long enough way to be far from my parents. I know that it is a terrible thing to say but I can't be with them. Charles Manx was right. I hate seeing my mother drunk and my father gamble away his money and constantly walking out and lying to my mother and I. Mr. Aylor interrupted my thoughts by handing me the physical application for Yale. 

"Go ahead and fill this in when you get home and bring it in tomorrow. I can send it for you and we'll wait for a response by no later than in two weeks." 

I profusely thank my advisor and leave. I can't help but feel very gleeful. I head to my locker and grab my belongings since it was already 3:30 and I have to head on over to my job. The bell rings and I speed walk to my motor bike. As I get ready to place the keys in the ignition, I am stopped by Jason Walker. He purposely holds my bike as I try to leave. 

"Hey, honey. Now that I have you alone, let's try this again." Jason says to me. 

I start the bike but Jason is still gripping onto the bike. 

"Let go of the bike, Jason. I need to leave. Stop being such an asshole!"

Jason snarled and then pushes me off the bike and pushes the bike down. I begin to crawl away and Jason grabs my legs. I keep screaming my head off but Jason places his hand on my mouth. I then bite his hand, drawing blood. Jason screams and I then try to run off but Jason grabs me and holds my arms back, preventing me to run or fight back. Jason chuckles as I am fighting for my life. 

"I told you I was going to fuck you sooner or later." 

I feel like my fate has been sealed until I hear someone running up on us. Jason drops me and I hit the ground. I see someone grab Jason's shoulder and punch him in the face. Jason goes down and the man keeps beating him with what looks like a tire iron. Jason is begging the man to stop. The man does and says to him, 

"I will stop if you leave Mary alone and never bother her again. If I EVER hear that you are still bothering her, I will kill you myself!" 

Jason is whimpering and he scurries away. I can feel blood coming from my mouth and I start spitting on the ground. I try to lift myself up but I am picked up off the ground and handed a tissue. My vision was blurry and when it began to clear, I can finally see who was my savior. 

"Hello, Mary Davis. I told you I would find you one way or another."

It was Charles Manx.