Chapter 3-A Ruined Lunch

Mary POV

After my 3rd period class, I head to my locker to switch my books from my backpack, grab my gym clothes, a book to read, and my lunch bag

As I enter the cafeteria, the sounds of happy students filled the room. I head to the vending machine to buy a soda for my lunch. After buying my soda, I look for my favorite spot: in the corner where the plugs where I always take the opportunity to charge my laptop and phone before my next classes. As always, I pack my own lunch, which consisted of two peanut butter sandwiches with the soda I just bought, and two Smore's Pop-Tarts. I find my seat, plug my devices in, and I start eating my lunch while reading Pride and Prejudice. I put my headphones in and play my reading playlist, which consisted of instrumental music and some jazz music. I even have the instrumental music from Labyrinth and even Andrea Bocelli. As I finished my sandwich, I was about to get onto the scene where Elizabeth refuses to marry Mr. Collins, when my music started acting up. The music was changing from Bocelli to Christmas songs. I kept trying to turn off the phone but it wouldn't allow me. I take my headphones off and leave my phone alone to charge. I try to enjoy the remainder of my lunch by myself when I saw the one person I despise above everyone: Jason Walker. 

He was trying to set the record of banging all of the girls in the senior class before Prom and Graduation

He was trying to set the record of banging all of the girls in the senior class before Prom and Graduation. My graduating class has 200 classmates. 100 of them are girls. I was the only one left. I'm not exaggerating or making this up. He was approaching my table. He was smiling and winking at me. As Jason was approaching me, several of his friends took at their phones to record our first encounter. I rolled my eyes and went back to my book. 

"Hey, cutie. How you doing?" Jason asks

I ignored him, reading my book and refusing to look at him. Jason laughs awkwardly and clears his throat. He says again, 

"Hey, cutie. How you doing?" 

I finally had enough. I begin to pack my things and head off. Lunch was almost over and he already ruined my peaceful afternoon. Jason blocked my path and says to me, 

"When a man is talking to you, you need to look up at him and listen. Now, I asked you a question, Mary. I said-"

"I know what you said, asshole. There's no need to repeat yourself like a fucking broken record." I snap back. 

His friends gasped and started laughing. As I tried to leave, Jason grabs my right arm. His grip tightens on my arm like a cobra, choking its prey to death. 

"Let me go!" I scream. 

"Not until you say 'Yes, Jason. Yes, I'll lose my virginity to you and be the last girl for you." Jason whispers in my ear. 

As I struggled with him, I could hear the static again in my head. 'I don't need this now' I say in my head. I could hear rattling overhead. I look up and the lights from the ceiling look like they are about to explode. I can see the lighbulbs shaking violently. As I became more frightened, the bulbs exploded. I screamed as did everyone else. I covered myself with my backpack. The explosions stopped. I uncovered my eyes and saw that all of the lightbulbs that were above had exploded and had fallen to the ground. Jason and his friends were puzzled. I took that opportunity to run for my next class. I kept looking back to see if Jason and his goons were following me but luckily, they weren't. As I approached room 202 for my AP French class, I thought to myself: did I make the light explode since I was also hearing the static in my head? I shuddered at the thought and dismissed it as I walked into class, ready to learn about real-life situations and interpersonal conversations in French.