2:10

The news of Colin Creevys attack spread through the entire school by Monday morning. 1st years were going around in packs, Ginny Weasley was having nightmares, even Neville was scared, bring weird things to protect himself.

In the second week of December Professor McGonagall came around collecting names of those who would be staring at school for Christmas. Celeste and Cedric signed their names down since their father was going on a trip with the Malfoys and Phillips. Harry, Hermione, and Ron signed up to stay too once they heard Draco was staying as it was "suspicious."

"His parents went out of town You know." Celeste said, shaking her head.

"His brother isn't staying." Harry said, signing his name on the paper.

"His parents probably want him to spend time with Melody. Julian could also be the heir of Slytherin."

"But Julian likes muggleborns, he hangs out with the Hufflepuff muggleborns all the time. Malfoy openly hates muggleborns." Hermione said, shaking her head.

"What we need," Hermione said briskly as Thursday afternoon's double Potions lesson loomed nearer. "is a diversion. Then one of us can sneak into Snape's office and take what we need."

Harry, Celeste, and Ron looked at her nervously.

"Celeste, I think you could do the actual stealing." Hermione continued in a matter-of-fact tone. "You're a Slytherin, if you get caught he'll go easy on you, probably. So then all we need to do is to make enough trouble for five minutes."

——————————-📜————————————

Potions lessons took place in one of large dungeons. Thursday afternoons lesson proceeded in the usual way. Draco throwing puffer-fish eyes at Ron and Harry, and Celeste telling him off for it.

Celeste was waiting for the perfect time to give the signal out to Harry. When Snape turned and walked away from Harry's potion to Nevilles, Celeste gave the signal.

Goyles potion explodes, showering the class. Snape was trying to restore peace and find out what happened. Celeste slipped quietly into Snape's office, grabbed what they needed, and hurried out to sit back down.

Snape pulled out the firework out of Goyle's potion. There was a sudden hush.

"If I ever find out who threw this," Snape whispered, "I shall make sure that person is expelled."

The bell rang ten minutes later, and they ran into Mrytle's bathroom. "He knew it was me." Harry told them. "I could tell."

Celeste gave the ingredients to Hermione and she put it in, stirring feverishly.

"It'll be ready in two weeks." She said happily.

"Snape can't prove it was you," Celeste reassured Harry. "What can he do?"

"Knowing Snape, something foul." Harry said as the potion frothed and bubbled.

——————————-🍊————————————

A week later, Harry, Ron, Celeste, and Hermione were walking across the entrance hall when they saw a small knot of people gathered around the notice board, reading a piece of parchment that had just been pinned up. Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas beckoned them over, looking excited.