2:4

Sure enough Harry and Ron had not been expelled, as Celeste saw them at the Gryffindor table at breakfast. Celeste was just about to peel an orange when mail dropped down.

  "Father said he would buy the whole team brooms if I get on!" Draco exclaimed from across of her.

  "Hope we get on the team then-"

   "Look, Weasleys got himself an Howler!" Seamus Finnigan said loudly from the Gryffindor table.

  Surely seconds later, the Howler sprung to life, and started to roar. "STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE—"

  Mrs. Weasley yells, a hundred times louder than usual, made the plates and spoons rattle on the table, and echoed deafeningly off the stone walls. People throughout the hall were swiveling around to see who had received the Howler, and Ron sank so low in his chair that only his crimson forehead could be seen.

  "— LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED—"

  "Oh Merlin, this is hard to watch." Celeste muttered.

   "— ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED - YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, ITS ENTIRETY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOUR PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME!"

   "Yikes.." Celeste said, turning back to her oranges.

  "Diggory, Malfoy, Greengrass, Philips..." Snape said in his monotone voice.

  "Merlin, we have History of Magic first." Melody complained.

  "But we have a free period after that." Celeste said.

  "Then transfiguration." Daphne said, stirring her tea. Daphne and Celeste had become close friends after the events of last year. Daphne had written many letters to Celeste during the summer, though she only answered a few.

  "We should be off then."

  ——————————📜————————————

  History of Magic was a bore, as always, they spent their free period writing essay about the history of giants, and transfiguration was fairly well. Celeste, Melody, and Hermione were the only ones who could turn the beetles to buttons.

  "We have Defense Against the Dark Arts next." Melody said as they ate lunch.

   "Bloody hell, that class will be a mess. Lockhart doesn't seem like the best of teachers. Very narcissistic." Celeste said, finishing her cucumber sandwich. "I'm going outside before DADA, see you guys there."

  Going outside, she found Harry, Hermione, and Ron by the staircase. "Hey guys."

  "Hello Celeste. What lesson do you have next?" Hermione said, closing her books.

"DADA." Celeste said, sitting down beside her.
"Colin! Come over here! They don't bite." Celeste yelled over to the mousy boy who was staring at Harry from far away.

  "Hey Celeste! All right, Harry? I'm - Colin Creevey," he said breathlessly, taking a tentative step forward. "I'm in Gryffindor too. D'you think - would it be alright if - can I have a picture?" Colin said, raising the camera hopefully.

  "A picture?" Harry repeated blankly.

   "So I can prove I've meet you." Colin said eagerly, edging further forward. "I know all about you. Everyone told me. About how he disappeared and everything And how you've still got a lightning scar on your forehead." (His eyes raked Harry's hairline) "and a bit in my dormitory said if I develop the film in the right potion the pictures will move." Colin drew a great shuddering breath of excitement and said, "Its amazing here, isn't it? I never knew all this odd stuff I could do was magic till I got the letter from Hogwarts. My dads a milkman, he couldn't believe it either. So I'm talking late of pictures to send home to him. And it'd be really good if I had one of you." - he looked imploringly at Harry- "maybe your friend could take it and I could stand next to you? And then, could you sign it?"