Chapter Thirteen

"You must be blind then."

Huh? Who's there?

"It's me." they answered,

You can read my mind?

"No you silly, you’re dead."

I am?

"Sort of."

Sort of? Who is this?

"Guess my little flower."

I gasped, grandma Daisy?

"Good. Now let's make this easier for us to talk."

I suddenly had the strength to open my eyes, but everything was white. I saw a shadow form to my right. It was taking shape into something, a person.

I smiled, "Grandma Daisy." I ran over to her and hugged the shadow that took the shape and look of her. She felt warm, she felt the same, and she felt real. She laughed and hugged me back, squeezing me tightly.

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes; she starred back at me and smiled sadly, "I'm sorry for putting you through all of this my Lilly. You have gone through so much all because of me."

I snuggle back into her, "It's all over now. I'm dead aren’t I?" I whispered. A part of me wanted her to say yes, I couldn’t live with myself knowing that Nathan and Claire would be together, with their baby. The other half of me wanted her to say no.

She pulled me back and grabbed my hand, "Come I will show you where you are now."

I shivered, "Grandma, the least I want to see is me dead on the road."

Suddenly we were in the emergency room I was in just recently.

"Grandma, what are we doing here?" I asked. I watched everyone in the room, Kyle was sitting on the chairs opposite from my bed, starring at some papers, and Nikki was next to him, frantically speaking to someone on the phone.

"Did we travel back in time or something?" I asked. I remembered being sent home to rest, I was with Nikki, trying to call Nate. That’s when she told me about her game with Kyle and how he accidentally called Nate’s phone telling him to just get it over with. Was that all true?

Grandma Daisy laughed, "No. Nothing has changed."

I starred at myself, laying life less on the bed. I looked pale and tired, I heard the doctor say I was stressed and you can see it written all over my face. Beside my lifeless body sat Nathan, playing with my hands and quietly murmuring under his breath.

"What is he saying?" I asked.

"Lean closer so you can hear him." Grandma said, gently pushing me towards him.

I tiptoed quietly behind him, even though he probably couldn't hear me. I leaned between my lifeless body and his body, I inched closer listening quietly.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I'm in love with you but you are so stubborn and you won't admit you love me back. I know you love me; I see it in your eyes. I hope you see it in mine too because it's the truth. I love you. I would give my all just so you can open your eyes and tell me you love me. I don't need anyone to tell me if we are meant to be or not because I want to be with you. Even if we weren't supposed to be together, I’ll make it work. I'll make everything right just so we can be together. Just so we're happy. Just to see you happy. Please open your eyes baby…"

My heart clenched, I remembered how harsh I was to him when I woke up, or was that a dream too?

"Grandma… Why are we here? Why are you here?"