Chapter Five

Chapter Five

*Nathan*

I feel really bad for doing that to Lilly, I know were not together but she's still technically my fiancé till it's proven wrong.

I sighed and got up from the chair i was sitting on when someone called to me.

"Nathan? Where are you going?"

Kathy was on the counter panting like her life depended on it. Well it did... But that's not the point.

"I'm going back to my friend, before she realizes I'm gone." I said and without a word I left her.

When I got closer to my seat I could hear sniffling and sobbing. Lilly had a blanket wrapped around her tightly and her back was heaving up and down.

"Lily?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

She suddenly stopped crying but she didn't answer to me. I pulled off the blanket and gasped.

Her eyes were bright red with tears still streaming out, her makeup was washed from her eyes to her cheeks making her look so vulnerable.

Even if she looked like this it didn't stop my heart from squeezing. She was beautiful to me no matter what.

She looked at me with sad in her eyes, "What's wrong?" I asked.

Before I could stop myself I held her hand tightly, hoping she wouldn't let go. Feeling her warm hand inside mine was something I would give to feel every single day of forever.

She pulled her hand away from mine making me snap back to reality. The warmth was gone, and all I felt was an awkward tension between us.

I looked at my now empty hand, she could never love me. After everything I've done to her. I wanna marry this girl, I do. I would give the world anything if I could wake up to her beautiful face everyday.

I love her, no one knows it. Not even her.

"I had a bad dream." she whispered.

I almost smiled, she was so cute. I grabbed her hand again and holding tightly. "It's okay I'm here."

She looked down at our hands thoughtfully but quickly pulling away and turning, so her back was to me.

"Lilly-."

"Just go to sleep." her voice was hoarse and tired so I left her alone.

A few minutes later she leaned back so her body was on my chest. She cuddled beside me as I wrapped my arms around her.

I sighed as I watched her sleep soundlessly in my arms. She was beautiful, but too bad I can't have her. She could never think of me more than a friend but she was always more to me.

I fell in love with this girl when we where only in grade 7. It was valentines day and I would get her a card every year but this year was different. That night, I snuck out of my house to go give her something special.

*FlashBack*

"Ow! Shit!" I swore as I tried to climb to her window.

"She owe's me so much for doing this." I mutter as I reached her balcony.

I knocked on the doors and I instantly heard shuffling from the other side.

"Who's there?" her voice was threatening.

"The ice-cream man, I'm here to rape you." I laughed.

The doors where opened and Lilly stood there with a smile.