Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

*Lilly*

All the girls giggled and awed as Nathan smiled shyly and walked back to his seat. I looked behind me where Claire was clinging to his arm and looking at him sweetly. He just smiled and nodded but he wasn't even looking at her.

"God... She is such an attention seeking hog!" Nikki whispered from beside me looking in the same direction.

I laughed humorlessly as class went on.

*

The day was over and I was just about to get in my car when I spotted Kyle and Nikki waving wildly at me.

They ran over to me while holding hands, I found it cute how Kyle made sure there was so no cars before letting Nikki run a head of him.

"Lilly! Can we ride with you?" Nikki asked, almost pleadingly.

"I thought you two were riding together?"

Kyle rolled his eyes, "Yeah we were this morning and we also picked up Nate but now he wants Claire to ride with us-."

"And I refuse to be in the same car as her!" Nikki interrupted in anger.

Suddenly Kyle's car pulled up beside us, the window of the passenger side rolled down and showed Claire's impatient expression. Nathan leaned over to get a view of us.

"You coming man?" he asked completely ignoring my existence right now.

Kyle and Nikki looked at me helplessly, I rolled my eyes but nodded in agreement anyway.

Kyle smiled, "Sorry mate, catching a ride with Lilly."

"Ew. Why?" Claire jumped in looking at me in disgust.

"Why not? Lilly's cool." he shrugged.

"Yeah.. But it's Lilly..." she gagged.

Nikki leaned down and looked at Claire right in the face, "Look sweetie, we honestly have no other choice. We don't wanna ride with you so where gonna hitch a ride with Lilly. So why don't we just all agree that your ugly, fake and smell of sex." she winked before moving to stand beside me.

Claire's face turned smug to unamused, well she kinda deserved it...

"Nikki... That wasn't very nice..." Nathan said looking at her disappointedly.

Nikki raised her eyebrow, "Does it look like I give a fuck?"

He sighed and looked up at Kyle, "Tame your girlfriend."

Kyle laughed whole heartedly, "I try but she bites."

"Can we go now?" I asked.

Nikki hopped in the front as Kyle went in the driver's side, well I guess I'm sitting at the back then.

"Hey Lilly." Claire whispered.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"Come ride with us." she smiled... like a real freakin' smile. Am I seeing things?

"Why?"

"Because they'll probably be kissing and doing other stuff that you might not want to see..." her voice trailed off as I looked in Nathan's direction.

My heart broke in notice that he wasn't even paying attention, he sat there with a hard face, just staring off into space.

"Lilly?"

"Um... no thanks." I said just as I was about to get in the car she speaks.

"Look... Lilly, today i realized how I've been so bitchy to you all this time and now I want to put the past behind us so we can be friends." she smiled apologetically.