Chapter One

*Lilian*

"..Another day... another boring day... another morning... another boring morning-."

"Shut up!" Nikki yelled in irration as I mopped in the passenger seat watching yet another boring stop sign.

"Why are you so depressed this morning? You where fine yesterday." she said looking at me from the corner of her eye.

I sighed and sat up from my slouch to face her, "Did you ever notice that nothing exciting happens to us? It's always been the same thing everyday. It gets to you."

She arched her eyebrow and cleared her throat, "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine! As always..."

"Are you sur-."

"..Because it's just another day! Same as the last...and the one before that, and the one before that-."

"Lilly!" she yelled interrupting me.

"What?" I said a little louder than it needed to be.

She laughed, "Well someone had their bitch flakes this morning."

I smiled, she's right. I was acting so stupid this morning and for no reason at all.

"Sorry... It's just... I'm tired of not having something fun to do everyday! I mean you know me, I'm always up for something." I shrugged.

"Yeah I know what you mean but you don't need to get your panties in a bunch, it's Friday." she said as we made our way to school.

I sighed in defeat, I don't know what got me in this attitude this morning but it was not like me.

"Look, it's Mr. I'm-too-busy-too-hang-with-you-guys-because-I-have-new-friends-now." she said nodding towards the guy who was parked in front of us, surrounded by people.

I sighed, "You can't blame him. He's just.. having fun." I shrugged.

She turned to me and glared, "Having fun without us? Who can live without us? No one. This is all your fault." she said turning to glare at Nathan who was winking at some cheerleaders.

"My fault?! It was your idea! He didn't want a hair cut and now look!" I yelled nodding towards him.

She gasped, "Me? Your the one who introduced him to "Mrs. Popularity"." she said imitating a high pitched voice.

"Well I didn't know she was gonna steal him from us! I thought he could handle it?"

"Handle it?! He was the most vulnerable kid ever and now look at him! She turned him into a freaking monster." she yelled back.

We both sat there in silence watching as he greeted everyone around him. His light brown skater boy hair was touching his eyes, making him flip it away, he did that now as a habit.. He was wearing a tight black v-neck shirt, and it totally showed his abs underneath. He's a really nice monster at that.

"He's changed." I said.

"I miss him." she whined.

I shook my head, "Don't say that, because he's not the Nathan Preston that we used to know."

I sat there looking at him and suddenly we made eye contact. He smirked and whispered something to the girl beside him, never leaving his eyes off me.

"Lilly." Nikki said as she saw the eye contact we were making.

Suddenly the girl he was whispering to looked up and made eye contact with me, she smirked.

"We should get inside." Nikki said while gripping onto my arm.