Chapter Nine - Recover (King)

I thought the day was finished throwing things at me. And I was partly right. When we arrived at Runn's place, I realized it was his turn. A letter taped to his door told him the owner of the building had sold it and Runn had a little over two weeks to get out.

He crumpled it in a first, shoved it into his pocket and turned to smile sadly at me. "Be safe going home, P."

"I'm not leaving you until you have a plan on what you're going to do about moving." I told him. "I worry, okay?"

For some reason, I cared desperately what happened to him. Every thought of someone or something hurting him angered me. He leaned his back to his door and lifted his eyes to mine. "I don't know." He shrugged. "But I'll figure it out."

"That's not good enough." I told him.

"That's the best I have right now, P!" He snapped. "That's all I can manage right now, so please just—"

Runn exhaled loudly and hung his head.

"Then I'm not leaving."

"What are you going to do about your mother?" He countered.

It was my turn to hang my head.

"See? You have your own issues." He stressed. "Don't worry about me. I'm sure I can stay with Captain or Nine for a while then go from there."

I bit my bottom lip trying to keep the rage the thought of him living with Captain sent through me. I knew they were friends, but I couldn't help imagining Captain doing things to Runn only I should be doing to Runn—

Wait—what?

But something kept me from speaking up. Still, I took the bait. "What do you think I should do?"

"I think you should go see your mother." Runn told me. "I mean, sure, I don't know your history. But don't do it for her. Do it for you."

I shoved my fingers into my pocket as an idea pulled itself together inside my head. Smiling, I sunk my fingers into my pockets and stepped even closer to him. "Let's make a deal."

To his credit, Runn didn't back away. I supposed it was the curiosity of what I had said to him.

"Okay," he said. "Let me hear it."

I inhaled and moved closer. "I'll go see my mother, if you come live with me."

His face instantly flushed red. I knew what he was thinking and he, in some ways, wasn't wrong. If he was to allow me to chase him, I would want to see him—all of him. Still, it was more important that he had somewhere to live, somewhere safe, somewhere that wasn't with another guy.

"That's not fair..." Runn managed.

"But wait, there's more." I teased. "I'll go see my mother, and you must come with me."

"What? I could be busy for the holiday. I have a mother."

"Will you be flying to Dubai, then?" I asked.

Runn braced his palms against my chest, both hands over my nipples. I looked down, then up into his eyes again and smirked. Runn caught on, gasped and pushed me away from him. His shyness told me a lot—all of it made me proud.

He was still a virgin.

I would be his first.

My heart raced.

Did I want to be his first?

Yes.

No.

Maybe.