A Helping Hand - Mat Barzal

Summary: When the kid Y/N nannies gets sick, she asks the extremely hot neighbor for help. 

"Shh," you cooed, nervously bouncing around the living room with Grayson in your arms to calm his cries. The floor-to-ceiling windows let you see the busy streets of New York, the various lights coming from outside reflecting on the expensive decors inside the Z's house.

"What am I gonna do?" You whispered to yourself, scratching your forehead as you thought, trying to think of where a thermometer could be stored in this forsaken house. Were you supposed to call Mrs. Z again? Even after the five calls she didn't pick up? Or Mr. Z, who probably didn't even know you took care of his child?

"Fuck it," you muttered under your breath, deciding that asking one of the neighbors for help would have been the best idea. Grayson was wheezing, his tears staining your shirt as he coughed heavily, worrying you even more.

You left the boujee condo with the kid wrapped in your arms, waiting for the elevator's door to open and lead you inside the hall of the next floor. A dark, wooden door faced you, and it took you less than a few seconds to knock on the door.

"Tito, I swear to- oh!" The guy you had bumped into (and spilled your coffee all over) earlier that morning stood in the doorway, a headset in his left hand while the other held a joystick. "It's you,"

Your jaw hung open as you faced him, his pretty green eyes staring back at you with the same shock as you propped Grayson up your shoulder again, remembering why you had come there in the first place.

"Hi, I'm still sorry for this morning," you rambled, cradling Gray's head close to you. "I was wondering if you had a thermometer to lend me? Grayson hasn't been feeling too well, and I'm pretty sure he's been sporting a fever since he's gotten home from Aspen,"

The guy panicked, running inside his house quickly to try and find the tool, giving you enough time to read his name right next to the doorbell. He came back in a rush, holding up the little stick and handing it to you.

"Thank you, Mathew," you smiled briefly, ready to go back to the Z's house and take care of the little guy for the rest of your night off.

"Let me help you," the man said, pushing the button and calling the elevator for you and letting you step in first, Grayson whining in your arms.

"Hey, bud," Mathew greeted the kid, ruffling his blonde hair gently. "You're getting your babysitter worried over here,"

"Y/N's my nanny," the sleepy boy said weakly, one of his little hands playing with the ends of your hair. "Not my babysitter,"

You sighed when you opened the door, walking towards Grayson's room to lie him down on his bed. "Ready, G? Open your mouth for me,"

In a couple of minutes, you were faced with a little 100°F, your heartbeat picking up as you looked down at the little guy. He was coughing heavily again, worrying you even more as you tried to think of a solution.

"I should bring him to the hospital" You mumbled to Mathew, who was sitting right behind you on Grayson's small chair.

"Let me take care of him, Y/N. I get fevers like these pretty often," he explained, hoisting Grayson's body in his strong arms as gently as he could. "Where's the bathroom?"

Mathew left you to calm down in the living room, turning the TV on for you before closing himself and G in the large bathroom. The chatter from the programme was just background noise as you let it lull you, leaving you in a sleepy state.

The sound of a sweet lullaby being sang from the distance made you curious. You followed the sound, smiling when you realized it came from the bathroom. You opened the door to see Mathew holding Grayson in his arms, swaying around a large cloud of steam coming from the hot water running inside the bathtub.