TWENTY

AN/ bonus update! it's a holiday today in our country so i don't have class, also might update this thursday

a mix of fluff and a little bit of angst coming through ~

I saw him shut his ARO down, making me confused especially when he further drove into the city the endless lights were already too much to handle but I tried not to make it obvious, I only found myself holding onto his jacket tighter as I really wasn't fond of this. It felt like I was about to fall off, but I didn't mention to Enzo of me getting from one window to another at a four-story KAIROS building. He wouldn't like the sound of it.

"Where are we going?-" I inhaled sharply while closing my eyes after almost plunging to the side when he took a sudden turn to the right, that I only realized later on that I was hugging his back already. I quickly leaned backwards, loosening my arms around him. "Oh my god Enzo, don't do that again!"

He merely chuckled. "Took you long enough to call my name."

"Yeah, you literally gave me a heart attack." I rolled my eyes with my head down as I massaged my forehead after feeling a bit dizzy. "Next time give me a warning signal, will you?"

The bike began to slow down. I looked up just as it fully came to a stop to find myself within an alley. And this was different, because it surprised me to hear nothing but the soft footsteps of couples and few people passing by and nothing else. The shops were surprisingly closed at this hour in Olympia, but the peaceful, still lights remained unlike the blinking, chaotic ones back in the avenue that gave me a headache.

I turned back to Enzo after sensing him move to get off the bike. I moved to hop off after, but as I was on my way down he took my hand, making me look up to him after landing on my feet.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He looked at me intently, and I was about to tell him it was fine but he ended our gaze with a weak smile before turning away to the alley. I still had my hand in his as I followed him to walk by his side. "We're done with patrol. I wanted to show you something."

"Okay," I said slowly, eyes darting down on the moist ground. Something's bothering him. Is it because I wasn't able to tell him it was fine?

Our walk towards wherever it was was purely of silence. I wanted to break it so bad, but it seemed like I didn't have any good subject to come up with. The only thing I was relying onto despite the unsettling feeling in my chest was the fact that I was holding his hand. I wanted to know what's going on in his mind; I knew he was unsure of whether to open up, but if I would just keep on doing this and letting him think on himself, all of this would lead to nothing. I had to persuade him to tell me what was bothering him, yet I had to find the right time.

And finding the right time was damn hard if he keeps on shutting himself away like this.

I looked up at him. His brows were furrowed slightly on our way towards a set of steep stairs that I had to keep close behind as he led the way. The wind picked up for a moment, making me shiver the higher we went. I realized that he led me to a rooftop, and so I walked towards where he stood, stopping beside him and was then taken aback by the view. It was the entire city of Olympia, set out in lights and skyscrapers reaching toward the edge of the sky.

"Whoa," I exhaled. It took my breath away.

"That's the main river over there." He pointed out to the vast body of silver water snaking all the way to the outskirts under the skyway. "It reminds me of Venice."