ONE

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟹, 𝟸𝟶𝟽𝟾
𝟷𝟿:𝟹𝟾 | 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢

Y/N. . . Do it, Y/N.

Avenge us. Destroy everything.

KILL THEM ALL.

My eyes flew open with cold sweat trickling down all over my face. I feel my throat so hoarse, my mind spinning and I could sense something was not right the moment I inhaled the toxic scent of smoke and dust. As the shadows that hindered the light from reaching down at me loomed in, I rushed to take in deep, heavy breaths while mustering the last bit of strength I had to rise from the ground.

Where am I? 

My eyes scanned the area, looking around frantically. The voice in the dream I just had, along with her cold voice, faded as soon as my mind cleared fully to see that I was in a place I was not familiar with. Aside from the neon lights emitting from the buildings and over passes, and the dark alley I was situated underneath, the rowdy noise of the otherworldly city did not contribute any help to the numbness wavering through my body as I let out a soft grunt, holding the side of my head.

Speaking of. . .

I looked down.

What the?!

My eyes widened in shock and disbelief upon having them land down on a strange set of clothing—indigo top and a cardigan, a cloth tied around my hips that was embroidered of astral pattern and ankle-length boots. More than the astounding outfit, seeing my skin tanned of light bronze hues surprised me no less.

What on earth is this?

I raised my hands all the way up to fumble through wavy strands of hair, dyed of purple and white ombre. I didn't realize I was making unconscious turns, until I stopped out of thought.

Huh?

There I could see a different face staring back at me with wide eyes through a reflection that shone underneath the window glass, of what seemed to be a closed repair shop that was just one of a hundred storefronts lining up the gloomy alley. With the seeping dust and fervent heat that lingered in the evening wind, I stumbled backwards.

My breath hitched. How did I—what on earth?

Fingers brushing against the window lightly, her eyes were as wide mine, and her mouth was hanging open the same way I was making.

Who is that—what's going on—

“MOVE OUT!”

As if on instinct, a flash of red light coming from my right illuminated the reflection through my peripheral as the unfamiliar face disappeared, my body plunging forward for me to bend down. A gust of abrupt wind passed behind me that if I didn't act quickly, my head could have exploded. There was a gunshot that sent my eardrums ringing as I calculated my movements: spin around and press my back against the window, eyes flicking at the newcomer's presence.