ELEVEN

AN/ this chapter's too much so I'm warning you guys, please read at your own risk <

I mustered the remaining strength I had left for us to be able to reach the station as we dragged an unconscious Zero all the way through the streets.

It had to take up turning corners and slipping through narrow alleys knowing there were men I never knew of chasing after us. And the fact that Zero was near as twice heavier than Four and I combined, every part of my body seemed to scream at me in pain. I noticed it was raining lightly, yet people were still going out lingering in the lively streets of the night as the endless noise of the city didn't do any help to the fact that my legs and neck were straining with Zero's arm heavily weighing down on me.

Four took to a halt, so I also stopped and took a deep breath. We were in the middle of an alleyway and the lights of the open area leading to the station looked pretty near if I were to encourage myself. I felt the weight on my shoulders lift. Turning to Four, he was unbelievably holding Zero with one hand while his other hand held the briefcase where his gun was contained.

He held it out to me. "You carry this. I'll take care of Zero."

I stared at him, before looking down at the case and my hand hesitatingly taking it. It was heavy, but apparently lighter than Zero's arm. "How are you supposed to-"

He hovered Zero's arms over his shoulders as he bent down to place Zero's thighs on either side of his waist, his arms lifting them under before he rose on his feet. I looked at Four in surprise; it was like he was giving a drunk Zero a piggyback ride the way guys would carry their girlfriends who were too drunk to walk. Although I couldn't help but chuckle despite Four glaring at me, it turned out he was as strong as the Infinite. "You look cute."

Oh my gosh, Y/N. Did you just say that?

Eyes widening, I looked away in embarrassment after seeing Four eye me with his eyebrow raised.

"I mean," I swallowed, "you two look cute. You and Zero look like those couples-"

"I know that telling you I'm straight isn't relevant, but I'd prefer carrying you instead."

My heart only beat faster, feeling my cheeks so hot partly because of carrying Zero and running, but other than that, Four was definitely playing with his words again. I knew I shouldn't fall for it, but it just kept on making these uncertain feelings I had for him grow more, like I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to.

"I was joking." Four looked away. "Let's go. They might catch us if we don't move sooner."

I mentally told my heart to calm down as we fast walked up the alley; it was a good thing I brought my hood with me to keep the rain from soaking into my hair. My hand wrapped around the briefcase's handle tightly, silence interceding. The distant noise of the city and the raindrops splattering on the roofs was what I could only hear, yet my mind was already being filled with thoughts once again.

Those guys who attacked us. . . Who are they?

Why were the comms cut off all of a sudden? Is PHASe even aware of what happened-wait, Four said we're not going back there, but what about our teammates?

If PHASe had something to do with those guys, Nine and Three could be possibly involved, although I didn't want to believe it.

If they were then. . . I glanced at Four. There's Eight and Six, too. They still haven't showed up.

I wanted to ask Four what happened to our teammates, and even I couldn't think straight of whatever place we're heading to. It felt like everything we'd have our feet stepped onto would lead to another mess.