CHAPTER 2

As days passed by, the weekend came and Mash would be probably happy to see me later. Since the party will start at 6 pm sharp. I will start my day with my passion which is cooking. I'll cook my breakfast and I'm going to bake  red velvet cookie for the birthday celebrant who is Mash's friend so it's better to give something kinda special than nothing.

After I did my morning rituals, I went downstairs and started to find food.
As I open the fridge I saw  3 eggs and the left over rice. I ran out of stocks so I have to go to the grocery later. I'll be making  fried rice omelette. That's the only thing I could do. While I'm mashing out the rice, I'm also making  coffee. Well it's just  instant coffee so it's easy as 1,2,3 less hassle.
After cooking an omelette I put the rice on the pan and started to mix it. While I'm putting the seasoning in it, my phone is ringing and it's Mash.As I tap the green button.

"Hey, cutiee. Good morning. I'll inform you that I'm on my way there to your apartment." I frowned on what she said.

"Well good morning to you too. But it's too early to come here." I'm done cooking so I turned off the stove.

"Yeah I dropped by the coffee shop earlier and I bought our breakfast. So let's have breakfast together Third. I won't take no for an answer Ciao." She already hanged up the phone. She's too hyper for this morning.After a few minutes I heard a buzz from the door.It must be Mash so I hurriedly went to the living room to open the door.

" Tadaaaa~. Good morning again. "She's really in a good mood today. I looked at her and she's just wearing a oversized T shirt with a sneaker on it. She is  really a fashion person.I chuckle on what she did. Well she just waving the paperbag that she's handling. It came from the popular coffee shop in town.

"Yeah whatever. Suit yourself here. It's great that I cleaned up the house yesterday so I am confident to flex my cleaned house but not my fridge. Oh god I ran out of stocks." She's following me through the kitchen. She looks like she owns the house as she acts like.

" That's why we have to eat now Third after this we'll go to the grocery store. "She comfortably sits on the chair and started to munch the food that I've prepared. She also took out the food from the paperbag. Well there's a pancakes, clubhouse sandwich and 2 cups of coffee one is  caramel macchiato and one is cappuccino.We started to eat while chatting.When I'm done eating I put my dish on the sink and drink water afterwards.

"I'm going to make red velvet cookie for your friend what do you think?" I asked her while listing down the items that I need to buy. She's still eating the last piece of pancake. Haven't I told you that she eats like a guinea pig or should I say dinosaur yeah whatever. She's a messy eater. But she doesn't care abour that. As she finished eating.

"Yeah, I'll help you with that. So Imma wash this first and clean that for me so that we can leave in 10 minutes." As she put her dishes on the sink. I started to clean up the table and so as the kitchen.

We're now heading to the grocery store. Mash is still listing down some items that are needed to buy. She took my phone and started to list down. I am the one who's driving because I insisted though. And she wants to use her car than mine so be it.

"So why do you want to make a red velvet cookie for Charisse?" I can sense jealousy so I laughed at her. I can't see her reaction because I'm focusing on the road. Meanwhile, I turned left so that I could find a spot for parking. As I maneuver the car, I saw an space that's why I grab the opportunity to get there. I automatically turned off the gas and got out the car.

"Hey Third Adrian Valencia. I'm still talking to you." I automatically stopped and face her.I rolled my eyes on her.

"Seriously Mash? You don't have to say my complete name for God's sake. And can you tone down your voice woman?" I'm being like a mother scolding her daughter.

"Aww sorry cutie. I was like curious you know why do you even want to bake a red velvet cookie for my friend. You could just give her some branded shoes or bag right?" She reprimand. I do understand why Mash is acting this way. So I messed her hair and pinch the bridge of her nose.

" Don't get jealous over her Mash. You're still my best friend okay. I'll be making red velvet cookie for your friend because I think it's more kinda sweet present for her. And for your case, We will make chocolate chip cookie and cookies & cream ice cream. How's that? "She automatically hug me like a baby. And I hug her back. We're like crazy hugging each other here in parking lot.

" We should shop now. So that we could bake more cookies. "As I pull her out from hugging. She fix her messy hair and nodded at me. We both entering the grocery store and get the cart. We parted our ways, I am going to the meat section while Mash goes to dried goods section. I asked her to get the ingredients for red velvet cookies and also for her chocolate chip cookie. While I am putting the beef in my cart I also put the chicken and pork. I also added the ground beef as well. After checking the items, I am walking now through the canned goods section and I am picking some spanish sardines, corned beef, ham and 2 boxes of sausages. When I'm done with it. I got out my phone from my pocket and started text Mash if she's done. As I sent my message to her. She's already calling me. So I pick up her call.

"Hey I'm done already.I'll just wait you here in the counter ." As she said that I'm already walking through the counter. After we bought what we need we directly go to the counter to pay. I gave my card to the cashier and punch in. When it's done. I carried the paper bags and Mash help me to carry some of them. We took an hour to shop so we decided to buy our food through drive thru, it's less hassle. While we're on our way home we're eating and talking again.

Good thing there's no traffic so we arrived home safe and sound. As we got out the car we placed the paperbag on the counter and started to unpack it and put it on the fridge. On the other hand, Mash is helping me to place the dried goods into the cabinet. As we finished placing the items. We started to prepare the ingredients for the red velvet cookies. She helped me with the mixtures and I started to prepare the liner and put it there the mixtures and then we already put it down in the oven and wait til it done.

I feel happy for today, it feels great when you're happy with what you do. I am grateful because despite the fact that I've been busy with school stuff and having a hard time with my family I can still manage to smile genuinely like this. I am grateful to my dear friend.

-------
I feel motivated so I dedicated this chapter to everyone. Hope you'll like it. 💚. Enjoy reading :) - Yan