Chapter Three

I haven't eaten since Johnnie came.

I haven't talked.

I haven't wanted to breathe.

I've been crying a lot.

I just want to die.

Why is she so much better than me?

What does she have that I don't?

A normal life with normal friends and a normal family maybe.

I thought he cared.

I thought he was different.

Turns out the only different one here is me.

I hear the hissing that indicates the door opening, and I look over to see Kyle.

"Mel...", he says, almost as if he's amazed I'm alive.

He runs over to me and hugs me, the door shutting tight behind him.

"I missed you.", I say into his shoulder, hugging him back

"Why did you do it, Mel?", he asks quietly.

"I don't know Kyle... I don't even remember doing it. I'm scared. I want to go home.", I cry into his shoulder, holding him tightly.

"I know you do Mel... I tried talking to Dr. Lester and he just wasn't listening to anything I was trying to say. He thinks you're dangerous. I don't know what he means by that but I hope to God that it isn't something horrible."

"I don't wanna have to stay here any longer... I can slowly feel the loneliness driving me insane..", I whisper.

Pulling away from the hug he looks at me and I sit him down on the floor, wrapping the blanket around myself.

"So how've you been?", I ask.

"Really, really good. I met a girl. Her name's Ivy. She's gorgeous. You'd love her.", he beams.

"Like Poison Ivy? She sounds amazing!", I smile back.

"What about you? Did Johnnie come see you yet?", he asks.

"Yeah, and he brought his girlfriend.", I say bitterly. "Some chick named Alex."

"She's a bitch.", he deadpans.

I start laughing and he looks at me.

"What? She is!", he laughs.

I calm down from my fit of laughter and play with the hem of my sweater.

"Hey, I brought you something.", I look up at Kyle and see that he's holding my favourite orange beanie.

My face lights up and I take the hat from him, putting it on my head.

"Thank you!", I smile. "Literally everything here is white. I think I might go blind!"

"Mister Hall, your time is up.", the speaker says.

Kyle gets up and I hug him one last time before he leaves.

I guess I'm alone again.

{I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!! Wattpad fucked the book up and I had to republish it and gahhhh but its all good now c:
love you all *muah*
xokay}