Chapter Twenty

After forty-eight hours of waiting and waiting for one of my parents to wake up, my mom finally does.

"Oh my God!", I cry, running over to her. "I didn't know dad was even with you..."

"Shh its okay. I'm okay. Wheres your father?", my mom asks.

"He's... not doing too well...", I say.

"Go see him. I'll be fine. I love you.", my mom says, hugging me.

"I love you too.", I smile.

My dad looked horrible. And I know thats mean... But he did.

"Dad..", I whisper, holding his hand.

"Melody... Take care of yourself. Take care of Kyle and your mom. Its my time to leave. I love you, Mel. Never forget that.", he said weakly, his eyes shutting and his heart rate starting to decrease.

"Dad no! I love you too please don't do this... Dad? Dad!", I yell.

Doctors rush in but its too late. He's already gone.

"Time of death... 10:45 pm.", a doctor says.

I sit in the waiting room and cry, hoping to hear news about my mother.

I hear a loud bang and screaming, and then another, and another, and another.

I look over to Kyle and Johnnie but they're gone. Everybodys gone.

"Well, well, look who we've got here."

And then I felt it. The feeling I get when danger is near. The feeling I get when I feel like I'm about to die.

"You've put up quite a fight, 5579. But I'm afraid your time is over.", it says, turning me around and putting a gun to my forhead. "Its been a pleasure working on you."

He puts his finger on the trigger and pulls.