T W E L V E

"Babe, relax... Everything is alright. We're simply going to have a talk with her." Asher reassure me as he held my hand.

We are now in the car, outside of Starbucks. Emily is inside and I'm hyperventilating... Classy, I know.

"What if she tries to steal you away from me?!" I asked, panicking.

"Kaite, I'm her brother. That would be incest." He said.

I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "She always seemed kinky."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Come on. Let's get this over with." Asher got out of the car and went around to my side to open my door.

We linked arms and started walking to the door... Very slowly. I am in no rush what so ever to see the devil.

Asher opened the door for me, "After you." He gestured his hand for me to go in.

I reluctantly did and I froze when I saw her. Emily's back was facing me. She had cut her black string hair so it was shoulder length now. Ok, her hair is gorgeous but let's just pretend she looks like Frankin Stein.

Asher grabbed my hand and led me over to where she was sitting. I stopped a couple feet away from the table and let him go up first.

He coughed and she immediately sat up. "Emily." Asher greeted.

"Asher, long time no see." Emily said. I rolled my eyes at her attempt of being nice. She was always good with that... Pretending to be nice. "Where's your mate?"

Before Asher had a chance to say anything I stepped beside Asher and her eyes widened.

"Hello Emily." I said, plastering a fake smile upon my face.

"Emily, this is my mate, Katie." He said. She was glaring at me.

"How... Sad." Emily said in a sweet tone.

Asher growled and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt. "Do not speak to her like that." He commanded in his oh so serious 'alpha voice'.

She simply rolled her eyes and pushed him away. "Let's have a seat, yeah?"

We all sat down and there was an awkward silence for a moment or two.

"So, how'd you end up meeting my brother?" Emily asked. Most likely she didn't give a rat's ass how we met but I'd tell her anyway.

"When I left the pack I stumbled upon his land. Boom, bang, bong, I'm here." I explained.

She nodded and had a wicked grin on her face. "Oh yeah, you did leave. Too much of a little bitch to stick around?"

I felt Asher tense up beside me at her words but I looked at him and placed my hand on top of his leg to calm him down.

"I would insult you back but looks like mother nature has done a fantastic job. I just couldn't compete. I mean, the crows feet by your eyes tell it all about how the past few years of your life has been." I calmly said as I stood up. "Ready babe?" I asked Asher. He nodded and quickly got up. "Nice seeing you Emily." I waved at her and gave her a sweet smile before taking Asher's hand a leaving. She was shocked that I said this because I never stood up to her in high school.

I turned back to face her. "Hey Emily?"

"What?" She snapped.

I swung my fist around and it met her face. She landed on the floor, cupping her cheek.

Before she had a chance to fight back, I quickly grabbed Asher's hand and ran towards the car.

"Asher! Unlock the damn door!" I hissed. He clicked the unlock button and we both got in and drove away.

We both looked at each other before cracking up. That was the best moment of my life.

*

"Y-you punched her?!" Colton said through his laughing. He is clutching his stomach and banging his fist on the kitchen table. His face is now beat red from the non-stop laughter.

I nodded and had a sheepish grin. "Oh yes."

"That's awesome! That little bitch deserved it." I nodded in agreement.

Asher walked back into the room and was rubbing the back of his neck suspiciously. "Hey, um... Colton. You know how you said you never wanted to see Emily again?"

Colton slowly nodded. "Yes..."

Asher did a nervous laugh. "Well funny story. Mom and dad found out she's in town so she's coming for dinner tomorrow."

Colton and I both shot up from our chairs dramatically. "SHE'S WHAT?!" We both questioned.

"Like I wanted this! I never wanted to see her again but mom is insisting!" He tried to reason, yeah that's not working out too well.

"Well this wouldn't be half as bad if I didn't, well I don't know, PUNCH HER!"

"I know!"

"That bitch is crazy. She's going to get revenge. When has she even been chill about something?" Colton stated.

Both Asher and I looked at Colton giving him the 'duh' face.

"We're just going to have to be extra aware of her." Asher said.

"Well, what time is it coming over?" I asked Asher, referring 'it' to Emily.

He smiled slightly at my choice of words. "Seven."

I nodded and took a deep breath. "But, you won't have to worry about Emily attacking you. She wouldn't dare try anything in front of my parents. She especially wouldn't try anything in front of me." Asher said.

"But what about when I'm not with you?" I asked.

"That won't happen. You will be with me or Colton at all times." He said.

Colton nodded in agreement. "As much as you are a pain in the ass, I got your back." Colton smiled and patted my back.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Colton..." Asher warned.

Colton put his arms up defensively and walked out of the room.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked Asher.

He smiled and placed both hands on my hips and came close to my ear. "I've got a few ideas."

"Me too, I hate the blue towels in the bathroom so let's go return them." I said as I walked away leaving him in shock.

"Damn tease!" He shouted from behind me. "And I hate that store!"

I laughed all the way to the car. Asher on the other hand, glared out the window and mumbled things under his breath.

*

1 Day Later

"Am I really this annoying when I get nervous?" I asked as I tried to shove Asher out the bedroom door. Emily is downstairs with his parents and I've been trying to get his ass downstairs for about twenty minutes now.

"Yes." He simply answered.

I rolled my eyes and tried the shove him again. "Asher, MOVE."

"Fine." He stepped to the side and I fell on the floor. Asher started laughing and I got up and punched his shoulder.

"You idiot!" I snapped. "I won't talk to you for two weeks if you don't get yourself downstairs now." I warned.

He stopped laughing and had a serious expression on his face. "You wouldn't."

"Oh we both know I would. Now get downstairs!"

He reluctantly nodded and I took his hand and walked downstairs.

Emily glared at me when we both entered the room. Well this ought to be a fun dinner.

I know it's short, sorry. I've been having a bit of writer's block... Yeah.