E I G H T E E N

Katie's P.O.V

At this point Mark was shaking with anger. My father not helping the situation at all. Suggesting that I pick the whining asshole, Mark, for a mate? Uh no thanks. It was odd that he didn't want me to pick Asher because Asher is an alpha where as Mark is a beta.

"Katie, Mark has always been there for you. It's best if you chose him." What is my father now? A broken record?

"Dad, if you didn't notice, I'm already marked and mates to Asher. My true mate!" I said in a 'duh' tone.

My father glared daggers into Asher, which caused a low growl to escape my mouth. Asher put a calming hand on my low back. "Don't look at him like that!" I snapped at both Mark and my father.

"The mating and marking can easily undone if you chose Mark." My father said, obviously not getting the hint that I am not going to be with Mark.

"ARE YOU STUPID?! I'M NOT CHOOSING MARK!" I screamed at them.

My father let out a loud growl and Mark smirked. "You've given me no choice Katie." He stated. "Bruno, Jared!" My father called out. Suddenly two large looking men walked into the room. God, where the hell is Colton when you need him?! Lazy ass... "Take my daughter to her bedroom and keep her there." My father ordered the two men. They started walking towards me but Asher stood in front of me.

"You will not touch mate!" Asher growled at them. The two men were startled at his reaction and took a step back in fear.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be Katie!" Mark snapped.

Suddenly a burning sensation went through my hands and I whimpered in pain. I looked over to Asher and noticed he too was in pain, along with the other pack members in the room. "Emily, take her to her room." My father ordered Emily, who was now behind me. She handcuffed me with silver handcuffs! The little bitch...

"Yes Alpha Miller." She bowed her head in respect and walked out of the room, pushing me harshly through the doors.

We walked towards the front room and when I thought she was going to go upstairs to where my father told her to put me, she walked outside quickly.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" I snapped.

She quickly tightened the handcuffs, causing me to moan in pain. "Shut up or I'll kill you right here and now." Emily hissed as she proceeded to walk me through the woods.

Heather's P.O.V

His lips felt so good against mine and I never wanted to let him go- but then I remembered Alpha Miller's orders. Distract the beta and handcuff him. The only problem I had was the fact that he turned out to be my mate!

If I didn't do this, my family would be killed and I just couldn't risk that. I slowly took out the handcuffs, touching it lightly so it doesn't burn to much. I reach to where his hands are on my waist and cuff him.

At first he doesn't know what happened but then he groaned in pain and I wanted to cry at the fact that I had caused him pain.

Colton grimaced in pain and kneeled on his knees. "What... Did... You... Do?" He grunted out between moans of pain.

I sank on my knees beside him and cupped his gorgeous face. "I'm so sorry. I had to, my family is in danger if I didn't." I said in between sobs.

He looked at me and nodded his head in understand meant which broke my heart more. "I'll forgive you if you do one thing." He said quietly.