E L E V E N

I ran up to our bedroom and locked the door. I leaned against it and slowly slid down the door and put my knees to my chest. How could he be so heartless to say my family didn't care?! Sure, they weren't the most loving but they cared enough to take care of me and get me through hard times.

Much like my pack, my parents were hard and strict. They hoped that I'd mate with Mark because he's an alpha. Though, they'd be happy with me mating with Asher too since well, you know, he's an alpha.

Even though my father was the alpha of my old pack, he never knew about the punishments you'd get if you didn't do the job right the first time.

My mother and father are all business. And I mean that in every way possible. I've never even seen then show affection towards each other, even though they're mates.

Now that my parents and... Mark are looking for me, I know they'll stop at nothing til I'm with them again. Though my parents might approve of me staying with Asher, mark on the other hand- won't.

He's only the beta's son but he's also the next in line for alpha if he marrys me. But even if he doesn't marry me I know my father would pass his alpha position to him when he dies since he doesn't have a son.

I'm just glad I got out when I did because if I would have stuck around waited for him to become alpha, he would have commanded that I marry him or even worse... Mate with him. I shuttered at the thought.

I wiped away my tears and stood up from the ground. Asher's right- they didn't love me enough to notice the scars. And I highly doubt they would have cared if Mark forcibly mated with me.

"Katie, could I please come in. I'm so sorry." Asher was on the other side of the door knocking.

I swung the door opened and there he stood. Looking guilty yet adorable. "I'm so sorry-" I cut off his words with my lips. He was taken back by it but kissed me back and put his hands on my hips.

I pulled back, needing air. "What was that for?" He asked.

"I just realized how much I love you. And you're right- my parents really don't give a shit about me." I shrugged and he looked sad.

"Of course they love you. I shouldn't have said that."

"No Asher. They don't. They didn't love me enough or care to notice all the bruises and cuts on my body when I'd come home." Asher growled when I mentioned this.

He quickly pressed his lips against mine again. "I love you." He said against my lips.

I smiled and hugged him tightly. "I love you too."

*

"No, the blue!" I argued as I threw the fluffy blue towel in his face.

"I like the green!" He said as he grabbed a few green towels and tossed them in the shopping cart.

"I refuse to wrap that around my body when I get out of the shower." I said, stomping my foot.

He smirked at me, "Fine by me." He winked and I slapped him on the chest.

So we are currently in Bed Bath & Beyond picking out new towels for the bathroom because well, the old ones were old. Asher wants these ugly forest green towels and I want the nice light blue ones that MATCH the bathroom.

"How about this, you get one blue one and I'll get a green one." He offered.

"Are you kidding? I don't want mismatch towels!" I said.

"You're so stub-"

"Don't even say it!" I put my finger up to his lips and warned him.

He grabbed my hand and removed it from his mouth. "How about this, you can get the blue towels, but you have to come with me to talk to Emily."

I froze. I hate Emily, but love these towels. Wait! I can't see Emily, she'll know I'm here.

"Fine we'll go with the green." I said quietly.

Asher looked shocked. "Wait, why? You're not even going to argue?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Was Emily really that bad to you?"

"Obviously! Gosh, you're oblivious."

"Just get the blue towels. I'm sure you can make it up to me in some way." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and put the towels in the cart and we checked out.

*

"Asher, answer the damn phone. You've been ignoring it all day." I complained and got off the couch.

"Because it's her." He said as he groaned.

"I know talking to the spawn of the devil isn't fun, but life isn't always rainbows and shit. Answer it. Now." I said taking a seat next to him again.

He rolled his eyes but did answer. "Hello." He greeted coldly to Emily.

"Put her on speaker." I whispered

He nodded and did so. "How's my darling brother?" Her evil voice came through the phone and I gagged. "You sound sick." She said.

He smiled at me and pretended to cough. "Yeah I'm starting to get a cold." He lied.

"Or you're getting a disease from talking to her..." I muttered under my breath.

"What do you want Emily?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"Wow, don't you get straight to the point. If you must know, I wanted to see you. I know you found your mate and I actually wanted to meet her." She said. Asher and I both looked at each other with shocked expressions.

"Um, that's not a good idea." He said.

Crap, if she saw me she'd go back and definitely tell my old pack I'm here.

"And why's that?" Emily asked.

"Because... It just isn't." Great job Asher... Idiot.

He glared at me. Oh yeah, he can read my thoughts...

"Tell her to come." I said quietly to him.

"Um, hold on Emily." He said then put her on mute. "Why the hell would you want to see her?" Asher questioned.

"Because, that bitch needs to hear a few words from me. And honestly, I don't give a rat's ass what she tells my old pack." I said honestly.

He nodded and kissed me. "I'm back. I actually do want you to meet my mate." He said to her.

"Good. Be there tomorrow." She announced

"Fine. Bye." He said hanging up.

"Well tomorrow will be interesting." I said.

He nodded in agreement. I wonder what outfit I should wear to punch the devil. Decisions decisions...