Sixteen

Brooke had officially moved in with Leigh and Max. She missed her mum. But she didn't feel safe at the house. Not while Adam was there.

Brooke walked downstairs and smiled as she saw Leigh. She sighed. "Morning."

"Hey. Sleep okay?" Leigh asked as she handed Daisy some breakfast.

Brooke nodded. "I miss mum. But... she doesn't care about me. She chose Adam over me and that hurts so much," she mumbled.

Leigh smiled and took her hand. "It'll be okay. I promise you. Mum will realise soon," she said as she looked at her.

***
Brooke went to school and sighed. She saw Rachel who walked over to her. "Hello darling. How are you?" She asked.

Brooke looked at her and sighed. "I'm fine thank you. I'm not allowed to talk to you. Cause of what happened."

Rachel nodded. "Max Tyler tell you that?"

"No. Leigh did. She told that you said she had to keep me safe or you're getting me sectioned again. What kind of mother are you?" She asked.

"Brooke."

"No. Don't Brooke me. You're meant to be my mum. And yet you've treated me like this! What have I ever done to you?" Brooke said.

Rachel sighed. She looked at her daughter and took her hand. "I can't deal with this school and deal with your mental illness. You're better off with Leigh."

***
Brooke looked up as Tom came and sat by her. She looked at him. "Can I help you sir?" She asked.

Tom smiled. "Just checking if you're okay. Leigh told me you'd moved in with her. And was wondering if things were okay with you and your mum?"

Brooke shrugged. "Everything is fine. I just don't want to live with her anymore. That's not a crime is it?" She asked.

Tom smiled and nodded. "Okay. I'm here if you want to talk. And if you need help with your work, I'm here for you."

"Thanks sir."

***
Rachel looked up as Leigh walked into the office. She sighed. "Brooke needs some stuff from the house. Max and I will come by later. Make sure it's packed up please."

"Leigh. I'm still her mum. And I have a right to be in her life too. You can't shut me out," Rachel said.

Leigh scoffed. "You chose the creepy chef over your own daughter. So forgive me if I don't trust you. He also hurt your granddaughter too. So until you decide who you want, take a hike," she said.

***
Brooke was sitting in the library. She felt like everything was getting on top of her. She didn't know how she could stay strong. Her head felt messed up.

Brooke felt like she could hear voices again. She was scared. She grabbed her stuff and went to find Leigh. She stumbled through the school.

She found Leigh sitting in her classroom with Max. "L-Leigh... I'm scared."

"Hey. What's happened?"

"I can hear the voices again. I'm so scared," she sobbed as she looked at her.

Leigh walked over to her and held her close. She looked at her. "It'll be okay. I'll make an appointment to see your doctor and we'll get this sorted. I promise."

But could Leigh keep her promise to keep her little sister safe? Or would Brooke's mental health get the better of her?