Nineteen

Brooke was beginning to struggle with everything. But she was keeping it hidden from Leigh. She knew her sister did nothing but worry. And she was grateful for it. But she just didn't want to worry her sister.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs. Leigh was there with a smile on her face. "Hey. So I got temporary custody of you. It means you can't go back to mum's while Adam is there. Which I think is good. Because neither of us trust him," she said.

Brooke smiled widely and nodded. "Thank you! I know you didn't sign on to all but adopt me. But I'm grateful," she said.

"You're my sister. And I'd do anything I possibly can for you. Max is more than okay with you staying here. He says you're more normal than me to talk to," Leigh said.

"That's true."

"Cheeky cow."

***
Brooke went into school. She saw Rachel standing there with Adam. "Leigh tells me she got custody of me. Good."

Rachel sighed. "It doesn't have to be this way darling. I know I've made mistakes. But it really doesn't have to be like this," she told her.

Brooke rolled her eyes. "You chose your boyfriend over me. How do you think that makes me feel? I'm living with my sister because it's not safe for me at your house. Your boyfriend raped me and you didn't believe me. No one believed me. Only my sister and her fiancé believed me," she spat as she walked off.

Adam looked to Rachel. "She will come round. She's just having her mind warped by Max Tyler."

"No. There's something going on with her."

***
Brooke was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Tom walked in. "Hey. What's new?" He asked.

"Leigh has been given temporary custody of me. Until my mum decides she wants to be a mum," Brooke said as she looked at him.

Tom smiled. "Is this to do with Adam Fleet?"

"Yeah. Leigh doesn't trust that he won't hurt me anymore. And I'm happy there. Max makes sure everyone is in the house and he locks all the doors. Then when we're in bed, he sets the alarm. He's doing more than what my mum did and keeping me safe," she told him.

Tom smiled. He took her hand and kissed it. No one was around so Tom felt it was safe to do it. "I'm here for you too. Don't forget that," he said.

Brooke smiled. She looked to him. "Thank you. Maybe this weekend, we can go for some chips or a meal?" She asked.

"I'll clear my schedule for you," Tom teased as he stood up and walked off.

***
Brooke was sitting in the canteen. She looked up as Adam sat opposite her. She immediately stood up and went to walk off. "Wait. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to your niece. So I suggest you stop with the attitude to me and your mum," he said.

Brooke turned back to him. "If you touch her, I will kill you," she warned.

Adam smirked. "Who's to say I already haven't?"

Anger overcame Brooke. She went for him. "I'll kill you!" She yelled.

She saw everyone gathered round. She felt a pair of hands around her waist. "Calm down."

She turned to see Tom. He looked at her. "What happened?" He asked as he looked at her.

"He was winding me up. I promise."

Tom turned to Adam. "Is that true?"

Adam shook his head. "I was talking to her and she went for me. She really does need to see someone."

Tom sighed and walked off. Brooke saw the smirk on adam's face. She knew he was going to make out she was crazy.

But could she prove to everyone that she wasn't?