Twenty-Four

Brooke was sitting in the house. Daisy next to her on her iPad. She smiled. "Are you okay?" Brooke asked.

Daisy nodded. "I going to mine daddy again tonight. He wants to spend times with me," she told her.

Brooke smiled and nodded. She held her close and looked to her. "Well your mummy and daddy love you a lot. And so does auntie Brooke."

Leigh walked in and smiled. She looked to her sister. "Are you okay to sit with her? I need to get ready."

"Yeah sure."

"Thanks. I'll be about twenty minutes. Then we can get a McDonalds breakfast on the way to school," Leigh said as she walked upstairs.

Daisy turned to Brooke. "I has a secret. But I can't tell you."

"What's the secret?"

Daisy giggled. "My daddy has a new girlfriend. And she tells me that she my real mummy. Not my other mummy."

Brooke frowned. She picked up her niece. "Your real mummy is upstairs babes. You know that right?"

"No... my other mummy tells me that!"

***
Brooke went into school. She saw Tom and smiled. But she soon lost the smile when Adam walked over. "How about you and I go and have a chat? See what we can do."

Brooke scoffed and shook her head. She moved away from him but he still followed her. "You know you want to."

"Leave me alone you creep. I don't know where you get the idea that I want you from. You're engaged to my mother, for now. And I suggest you leave me alone," Brooke said as she walked off.

Adam stood there and watched her. He knew he wanted to get her. He just didn't know how to make it happen.

***
Brooke walked into the common room. She saw Tom there and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" Tom asked.

Brooke nodded. "Yeah. I'm just still in a daze about what I want to do when I leave school. I just don't know what appeals to me."

Tom smiled. He looked to her. "Well the world is your oyster. You just have to have a passion for something," he told her.

Brooke nodded and smiled slightly. "I guess I like the idea of being a teacher. You know? Something that means I can help kids like me."

"That's a good idea. And I'm sure your mum would let you do a teacher training here. She would love that," Tom said.

"I'm not really talking to my mum at the moment. She's all over Adam's ass. So I don't wanna talk to her," she told him.

"That's understandable. But I know she'll be proud of you."

***
Brooke walked along the corridors of the school. She saw her mum walking towards her and sighed. "What do you want?" She asked.

"Why are you not in class?"

Brooke rolled her eyes and sighed. She walked right past her. Rachel grabbed her wrist. "No. Don't walk away from me. What's going on?"

"Leave me alone. You're only being nice to me cause Adam isn't here," Brooke said as she looked to her.

Rachel sighed. "Brooke. I'm trying. Okay? You're not making this easy for me at all."

"I shouldn't have to. You're my mum. You're meant to put me before any guy in your life. And you don't. You believed Adam when he told you a pack of lies. I don't wanna hear it," Brooke said as she turned and walked off.

But Brooke had no idea just how Adam was going to make one final attempt to get into her head. And make her doubt everything in her life.