Twenty-Two

Brooke walked into the living room and saw Daisy. She had a frown on her face. "What's the matter?" Brooke asked her niece.

Daisy sighed dramatically. She looked at her. "Mine daddy and mummy has been shouting at me. Cause I put daddy's phone in the sink!"

Brooke grinned. "You shouldn't do that should you?"

"Daddy no need it! He texing another lady named Kim! And I No want him too," Daisy said.

Brooke frowned. She looked at her niece. "Are you sure?"

Daisy nodded. "I no dumb! I know mine daddy talkings another lady."

Brooke picked her up and sighed. She looked to her. "Have you told mummy?"

Daisy shook her head and sighed. "No. She be sad. And I no want mine mummy sad," she mumbled. She started crying.

Brooke held her close. Feeling bad for her niece. But also wanting to know why Max and Kim Campbell were texting.

***
Brooke went into school with Leigh. Leigh smiled. "So I'll meet you here after school? I'll take you and Daisy out for dinner. I need to talk to you."

Brooke nodded and smiled. She looked to her. "Okay. Can you keep Adam away from me? He keeps coming by me and he's freaking me out," she said.

"He shouldn't be coming anywhere near you. I'll sort it. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Leigh. I should head inside and make a start on this stupid homework," Brooke said as she walked off.

***
Brooke looked up and smiled as Tom walked into the common room. He sat down with her. "I thought you were coming over this weekend?" He asked.

Brooke sighed. "Sorry. I wasn't well. I caught a cold and stayed in bed. I can come this weekend though?"

Tom nodded and smiled. He looked to her. "Are you okay? You don't seem yourself," he commented as he looked to into her eyes.

"I'm okay. I'm still feeling a little rundown. But I'm going to be okay," she told him.

"Okay. I'm here if you need to talk," Tom said as he stood up. He looked around the room quickly and kissed her cheek.

Brooke grinned slightly. Tom was changing her life. And she wanted nothing more than for him to be her forever. The light in the storm.

***
Brooke sat in Maths and sighed. Eddie had come back after it was revealed that Melissa's baby wasn't his.

Brooke looked to Eddie and smiled. "It's good to see you back sir. I'm sorry about my auntie."

Eddie smiled. "It's okay trouble. Just do well in your exams and we won't have an issue," he said.

Brooke grinned. She had always liked Eddie and she often wished her mum was still with him instead of Adam.

***
Adam stood outside the Maths classroom. He saw how Brooke was talking to Eddie and hated it. Rachel was with him now. And he wanted Brooke to be making an effort with him.

Adam turned and saw Leigh there. "You know, you seem to have an obsession with my little sister. Which I find incredibly creepy. So leave her alone. Or I'll ruin you."

Adam smirked. "See you're wrong there. Brooke and I have been having an affair for months now. Why do you think she moved out? She didn't want Rachel knowing. It's all been an act with her."

"You're a liar."

"Check her room at your place. My watch is there."

Adam walked off and smirked. Determined to single out Brooke so that she would come running to him.