Surrounded

After Joe had described the full set up and how they had grown most of their food Luna was in shock

After Joe had described the full set up and how they had grown most of their food Luna was in shock. She had always wanted to try growing her own food but fixing things was her thing and always seemed to get in the way. She had never met a person who had actually achieved it.

Theo rudely interrupted Joe as she led Luna and Eli to a sleeping space.

"We have company! All 5 alarms have gone off and I think its all because of your friends here, Joe"

Joes eyes widened with fear as she stared back at Theo in shock.

"All 5? That's never happened before"

Theo grabbed Eli by the arm pushing him against the wall in anger

"No, never until one of them walked into our place"

He scraped his teeth together in anger "It was a trap wasn't it?"

Eli was calm. Luna stepped in-front of him trying to calm Theo. Maybe it was his bot side but he always seemed so calm in these situations. Luna wished she could be more like Eli.

"He's not one of them, I promise, he's with me. I would trust him with my life" Luna shouted as she pleaded with Theo looking back at Eli who was still deadly calm.

" You two are coming with me"

Theo pulled Eli by the top of his jumper almost dragging him to the ground and with his other arm he grabbed Luna by the wrist and dragged them both toward the main door.

"Where re you taking us?" Luna protested kicking Theo as he dragged them with his freakish strength.

There was a small room just near the main doors with monitors and computers that worked. It was a security room. Luna looked at the set up they had managed to build up for themselves, it was impressive. This was her thing, wires and circuit boards.

5 red lights flashed on a black computer panel that was surrounded with controls. Theo closed the door behind them so the three of them stood cramped in the small room.

"Look" He pointed at the tv monitor.

Luna heart sunk when she could see they were surrounded by bots, lots of them. More than she had ever seen in her lifetime. She knew in the pit of her stomach this was it.

Eli's demeanour changed from calm to anger. His fists clenched as he stood staring at the monitor.

"They are here for me and only me. I will leave, I won't tell them about you all. Its me they want"

Luna's heart sank "No Eli, we can think of a new plan? We could escape and then lead them away from here so no one needs to get hurt?" Her green eyes pleaded with him.

Eli smiled back at Luna and stepped closer holding her chin up " Luna, you are the most wild and brave and interesting person I have met in a very long time. Becoming your friend saved my life. I want to do the same for you now. Let me." His voice was calm again and his eyes soft as he smiled at Luna

"Please"

Luna looked down so Eli couldn't see her sadness. It had been such a long time since her heart had felt such pain like this. She couldn't seem to hang on to anyone, they all left her in the end.

Theo didn't care as long as one of them went out there.

A radio sound interrupted the three of them as they argued.

" We have you surrounded 00456. Come out, the girl too"

The three of them looked across at each other in shock. They had never communicated like this before.

Luna's heart started to race. Her mind exploding with questions.

She paced the small room only being able to make about four steps then turning back. She stopped midway

"Ok we have to go out together Eli, we wanted the truth and this is how we get it. They don't know that I wiped you, so play dumb and go along with them?" Her eye brows had reached the top of her forehead as she waited for Eli to respond.

Eli paused and thought about how important Luna was to him. She set him free, she saved him. He needed to do the same for her now. He knew they would never stop looking for her if they both didn't come out. They had no choice.

This was it.

Eli gave her a nervous smile and held his hand out to her "Come on then, Luna"

Theo opened the main door for them remotely and watched them both leave the main entrance. He prayed they wouldn't come looking for more humans as he watched the tv monitor.

Luna held Eli's hand so tightly she could barely feel her fingers anymore. She looked back at the main door as it closed with a loud thump. The dirty foul air hit her nostrils as they both walked out slowly into the open. She didn't bring her air supply, she didn't have time.

Her chest was heavy as they walked toward the glowing eyes in the dark night. Her eyes jumped from shadow to the lights that watched her in the distance. She could see a figure ahead next to four glowing eyes. These eyes were different, a different colour.

A voice floated over the derelict buildings and piles of broken bricks that filled the pavements. Eli tightened his grip around Luna's hand. The voice was soft, female and sounded so human.

"Hello 00456, there you are. And hello, Luna, Its. nice to finally meet you"