Losing Light

"Turn around and leave. Now" She pushed the gun against Luna's head making her fall back in fear.

Luna slowly looked back to Eli. He was holding his hands up. But something about his face made the pit of Luna's stomach turn because she knew he was going to try and be a hero.

"We don't want to hurt you" He took one step closer to Luna trying to get the ladies attention.

Eli couldn't let this lady hurt Luna. He felt like he owed his life to her now. Like she was the only friend he had in this world.

The lady looked into Eli"s eyes and her fingers clutched the gun a little more tightly. She was nervous and scared.

"I said move, now!" She stepped back a few paces and kept the gun aimed at Luna.

Eli moved forward again and grabbed Luna by the hand and pulled her toward him.

Her finger moved in slow motion pulling the trigger as she yelled

"GET OUT"

Another person came flying out from behind the women as she pulled the trigger pushing into her, making a high pitched sound.

The lady was jolted back by the shot and the bullet flew through the air faster than the deafening sound.

Lucky came running from behind barking loudly adding to the commotion.

Luna somehow knew the lady was going to shoot her. Like that bullet was meant for her. The sound echoed through the walls like thunder bringing memories of the moment her mother was shot.

A siring pain shot through Luna's body as she fell to her knees. Eli let out a loud noise as he fell down next to Luna holding her. Lucky licked Luna wining as she curled up into her.

A tear ran from her eye as she thought about her mother at that moment. This is what it felt like to die, to have your life-force slowly pouring out from your body. Eli laid her back onto his knee and looked her in the eyes holding her face.

"Its okay Luna, you are going to be fine, stay with me"

Luna looked into his eyes as she blinked away the pain. They looked like they had storm clouds raging from them. Like a deep blue sea was hiding behind them. She remembered how lost they looked when she had first seen them. She smiled up at Eli.

"Its okay Eli, I'm not scared. I was always scared to die alone but I have you. I found you"

Her voice was shaky and slow.

A small girl no older than 8 ran over to Luna to help. She turned around and signed something to the lady that had fired the gun.

The lady was still holding the gun but she was in shock. She took one look at Eli and she thought Luna was a bot too. As soon as she saw the blood she knew what she had done.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. She wasnt wearing a mask" The young girl ran back over to her and shook her signing to her frantically.

The lady nodded and she told Eli to pick her up and follow her.

Eli didn't know whether to trust this lady. She had just shot Luna if he didn't get the supplies he needed to fix her she would bleed out right here.

He took a deep breath and nodded picking Luna up like she was a small child and followed the lady and the young girl.

It seemed like the corridor went on forever, Eli had to be careful as he stepped over rubble and old bits of the museum.

They came to another set of small stairs which had a large steel door. The lady unlocked the door and let them in one by one.