So Human

Luna was still uncertain of Todd, it all seemed too good to be true

Luna was still uncertain of Todd, it all seemed too good to be true. Could it really have been that simple?

Even using the name Todd seemed strange but sounded far better than droid.

She backed away quickly after shaking his hand. He seemed a little light-headed as he lost his balance stepping backwards and falling onto Luna's pile of scrap metal and parts.

He looked bewildered like a deer in headlights. Luna walked a little closer to him, concerned.

"Are you feeling ok Todd? This must all be a lot to take in" Luna brushed her hair from her face and got down onto the cold bunker floor sitting with her legs crossed. This was her first conversation in a long time. It felt bizarre. Like she had forgotten how to hold a conversation.

"I feel strange, I don't understand what has happened to me?" His head tipped back against the pile of scrap as he ran his hands through his black hair.

The look in his eyes could have torn a huge hole in Luna"s chest as she watched him. He was truly scared and unsure of everything. Lost.

Luna reached forward and touched his arm giving it a small squeeze. It felt so foreign- the small gesture of touch, reassurance. It was like she had to learn how to human again.

"Hey, I can help you find out who did this to you?"

Todd tilted his head up again and looked at the green-eyed girl who was sat on the cold floor in front of him. The girl who had not only saved his life but had released him from the prison he was in.

He could see she was still nervous around him. He didn't blame her. He couldn't even trust himself.

She cleared her throat as she looked at him "Can you remember anything?"

Lucky came over rubbing her fur against Todd and then over to Luna trying to get attention. Luna lifted her into her lap.

Todd closed his eyes making Luna's skin crawl a little. It was the only thing she would never get used to.

As Todd tried to meditate Luna wondered if maybe she could change that. Maybe she could correct the way his eyelids shut. Why did they even design it that way? It made Luna wonder what Todd could see through his eyes? Was it still working?

Todd opened his eyes with a pensive look. "Nothing, It's just nothing but darkness. I don't even know who I am, my real name"

Luna could see he was really trying, she fidgeted onto her legs as her bottom went numb from sitting on the cold floor. Her stomach growled fiercely making her cheeks flush a little.

She quickly stood and went rummaging through her food storage.

"You-" She quickly paused thinking about the question she was going to ask.