You Make Me Strong

*Trigger: homophobic slur*

"I wrote a song for you," Harry said, and Louis looked at him in surprise. 

"Cool," he replied, "Can I hear it?"

Harry shook his head, "Not yet. Soon, but not yet."

Louis nodded, looking at his boyfriend, "Okay then. I'm sure it's amazing though."

Harry blushed, "Thanks." Harry leaned in to kiss his boyfriend, but then frowned when Louis pulled away. 

"We're at school," Louis mumbled softly, nodding towards the building that stood in front of them.

"You didn't have a problem a week ago," Harry pointed out, recalling how the older boy had kissed him after school had ended, after they'd confessed their love for each other. 

"It was an accident," Louis said. 

Harry rolled his eyes, sighing, "I still don't see what the problem is."

"Can you just leave it alone?" Louis snapped, pissed off. He walked into the building, despite Harry calling his name, shouting an apology.

"I feel like all he's doing is trying to pressure me into coming out," Louis muttered, standing next to Zayn, as the two boys walked to their first class.

Zayn shrugged, "I mean, obviously, you should do it whenever you're ready. But at the same time, try and see it from his perspective. He's just hurt that you're not acknowledging your relationship in public at all. Sometimes, you pretend you're not even friends in front of Justin and Austin," he mentioned some kids who were on the soccer team, and also pretty popular, "and you let them push him around. Yeah, you helped him out once when some kids were being nasty, but you've ignored it since then."

Louis shook his head, "I wanna stop talking about this. I need a break. How's Liam?"

Zayn grinned, "He's good. We're going strong. I'm thinking of having him over for dinner, and telling my parents."

"That's great, mate," Louis said, patting his friend on the shoulder. 

"Yeah," Zayn said. "I know I've already said this, like, a million times, but I think they'll take it well."

Louis nodded.

"Hey Lou, I'm sorry about this morning, I shouldn't have pushed so much, and I respect that you'll be you when you're ready," Louis turned around to see his boyfriend running towards him, and Louis sighed, stopping.

"It's okay, Haz," Louis said, not bothering to crack a smile. Today, he's tired and annoyed, and he has soccer practice. 

"Do you wanna," Harry paused, catching his breath. "Do you wanna maybe go out today? We could go to Starbucks or something."

Louis responded, "Sorry, Harry. I have practice today."

"After practice? We could go to a cafe or something, get something to drink and do our homework together?"

Louis thought for a second, before thinking, why not?, and saying, "Sure."

"Can I just, like, watch then? On the bleachers," Harry asked, and Louis nodded, forgetting how annoyed he had been at Harry, knowing already that he'd be doing much better today with his boyfriend watching. 

"Okay," Louis nodded. "Well, I've got to get to the locker rooms, put on my soccer clothes, but you can head out to the bleachers."

Harry grinned, nodding, "Yeah. Sure thing."