Rumor Has It

"Hey, Louis," Louis looked up to see Harry in front of him, and waved.

"Hey, Harry," Louis greeted the curly-haired boy, and the two walked to Louis's car.

"Whoa, nice car," the green-eyed lad mused. Louis chuckled, sitting in the driver's seat, watching Harry run his hands over the door of the passenger seat. 

"C'mon Haz, sit down," Louis said, and the boy sat down in the passenger seat, putting on his seatbelt and closing the door. 

"Haz?" he asked.

Louis shrugged, "It's a nickname. If we're gonna be working together for such an important project, we might as well try to be friends. And friends have nicknames for each other."

"Okay then," Harry said, thinking for a bit. "From now on, I'm calling you Boo Bear."

Louis frowned, "I think I just heard you wrong. Did you just say Boo Bear?"

Harry nodded, "Yup. You heard me just fine."

"No," Louis whined, "Come up with something else. Me mum calls me that."

Harry shook his head, "You're stuck with it."

Louis stuck his tongue out at the younger lad, and pouted for the rest of the car ride.

The two boys reached Harry's house pretty quickly, and Louis nodded at it, stepping out of his car. "Nice house, mate."

While it was nowhere near the size of Louis's house, it was a decent sized, middle-class home. It had a two-car garage, three floors (basement included) and was painted a beautiful shade of blue. 

"Thanks," Harry said, gesturing for Louis to follow him. Harry pulled a key out of his pocket, unlocking the front door, and signaled for Louis to go in. "Welcome to my humble abode."

Louis smiled, "Why, thank you. So, where are we gonna work on our homework and project? I know you're in some advanced classes, Styles, so I'm gonna expect you to help me with my homework."

Harry chuckled, "Em, yeah, I can help you. We can either work in the basement, where there are instruments and video games, or in my room."

"Let's go to your room," Louis suggested, and Harry nodded, leading his new friend up to his room. 

"I take it you're a Backstreet Boys fan," Louis said, noting the posters. Harry's room was a dark grey, decorated with Backstreet Boys merchandise. Harry had a queen-size bed pushed against the corner, with desk across from it. The curly-haired lad sat down in the swivel chair at his desk, and Louis sat down on a dark bean bag chair on the floor near his bed.

"Em, yeah," Harry said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "They may be a boy band, but they're really cool. They're great at singing and dancing, so, yeah."

Louis nodded, "Who is your favorite?"

"Howie, probably. Why?"

Ignoring Harry, Louis proceeded to ask him another question. "So... you're gay, right?"

Harry seemed to stiffen a bit, and nodded curtly, "Yes, I am. Why?"

Louis once again ignored Harry's question, continuing, "Are you fucking your blond friend?"

Harry frowned, "You mean Niall?"

Louis shrugged, "I don't know what his name is. All I know is that he's a blond."

"Yeah, that's Niall," Harry said. "And no, we're just friends. He's like a brother to me. Why?"

"Are you fucking Payne, then?"