Chapter 10: Sing me to sleep

You open your eyes, and check your watch. It's early morning, the sun just after rising. You run out of the girls rooms to look for Remus.

You see him on the floor, with padfoot and prongs on each side of him. With their arms around his shoulder. Lupin is sobbing.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner" you say sitting on the ground. "Cute pjs princess" James said with a grin.  "Shut up prongs" you murmured. You reach for lupins  hand, and he slightly flinches, before holding yours.
"I can't do this anymore" he whimpered.
"Yes you can, I know you can. You are so strong and so brave, and I believe in you" you tell him. Padfoot and prongs slightly smile, noticing the look in your eyes as you comfort him. Remus breaks apart from the boys, jumping at you with open arms. He hugs you tightly, his face buried in your neck, as he cries.  "Shhh It's okay darling, it's over" you say.

A while goes by, and lupin stopped crying. You help him stand and walk him over to his bed. "You should get some rest" you whisper. "And you should fix your hair rapunzel" he jokes. You smoothen out your hair as he lies down. "Wait y/n, stay with me. Until I fall asleep" he tells you. "Of course" you tell him. You sit on the edge of the bed, stroking his face. "Will you sing the song" he asks. You and Remus have this song that you would hum to him after every full moon. "Yes darling, close your eyes" you say softly, as you start to quietly hum.