☾ | tooru oikawa

royal au.
CUDDLE ME !

"do you every regret being here?"

y/n l/n let his gaze flicker to the prince, who was sat at the large window overlooking the village below. he straightened his posture when the brunette turned to look at him, hoping to persuade a reply out of him.

"that's not really something i should answer, prince tooru."

tooru pouted, slumping against the window, "so you do, huh..?"

y/n kept his stoic expression, "i get paid to be here so i really have no room to speak badly about this job."

the silence engulfed them, it was unusual though as it was a rule that y/n—all guards actually—weren't permitted to speak to tooru unless necessary.

y/n thought the rule was ridiculous, along with many other rules the king had set for tooru, but who was he to say anything when he was being paid to guard his son.

tooru wasn't allowed to do many things, going outside the castle was one of them(one thing that he absolutely despised). since he wasn't allowed outside he couldn't make any friends.

so when tooru was given permission to pick his own personal guard he was ecstatic, especially when he saw y/n l/n was around his age. he didn't know that the male wasn't even going to talk to him! if he knew that then he wouldn't have even picked him! he would've picked some random old dude and hoped he'd talk to him.

"where is your house?"

y/n furrowed his brows, "that's personal."

tooru sighed, standing up from his spot at the window and throwing himself on his large bed. "well i just want to get to know you..." he mumbled, rolling over to look at y/n.

"it's been almost two years since you've been but you won't tell me about yourself because my father said it's not allowed right?" tooru asked, running his hand through his hair, "that's so weird don't you think? who does he think he is—don't you even say the king."

at this point tooru was having a conversation with himself and it made y/n feel a little bad. what the king didn't know didn't hurt anyone, right? he looked out the window, the sun was barely setting.

"come." y/n said, motioning for tooru to follow him back to the window. once tooru was sat back in his usual spot y/n pointed straight ahead, "you see that house, the one where those two kids are?"

tooru nodded once he spotted the house he was talking about. it was fairly hard to see considering the distance but luckily y/n's home was the closest one to the castle.

"those are my siblings, they're twins. turning seven soon.." he said, smiling softly at the sight of his mother coming out to get them inside.

"do you miss them?" he asked after noticing the sad smile on y/n's face, "i'm sorry, that was a stupid question..of course you do."