Author's Note: Happy Navaratri!

Hello my lovelies!

First of all, Happy Navaratri to all of you celebrating around the world! May Devi Maa shower her love and blessings on you all and your loved ones.

I've always been fascinated by how Navaratri is celebrated in so many unique and beautiful ways by different regions. 

I hail from a Sri Lankan Tamil Hindu family – so we celebrate by setting up a 'golu' (a display of dolls on a series of steps - representing a Royal Court/Sabha) with a 'kalasha' (a pot holding a coconut and mango leaves - filled with water, turmeric, sandalwood, flowers, and coins) decorated as Devi Maa to represent her royal presence as the Queen in our home for the duration of the festival. The kalasha is placed on a banana leaf filled with 'Navadhanya' (the 9 grains popularly known for their health benefits - Bengal Gram, Wheat, Horse Gram, Green Gram, Rice, White beans, Black Sesame Seeds, Chick Peas or garbanzo beans, and Black Gram) mixed with soil. This is watered every day to promote the growth of 'Payir' (the type of grass) that signifies the growth of shakthi, prosperity, wisdom, knowledge, peace, abundance, good health and joy in the household. 

I'd also love to hear and learn about the different ways in which you're all celebrating this year too, so please do let me know!

I have not been active on Wattpad for a while now, and I truly apologize. As I had mentioned earlier, the exam preparation along with other commitments have been hectic these past few weeks. I've also been very busy with Navratri preparations and daily poojas. Hence, I have not come around to completing the next chapter yet. I apologize once again for the delay, and assure you all that I will try my very best to have it completed and updated by the end of this week. Thank you so much for being so supportive and patient with me!

Loads of Love,

Geitha