Draupadi's Sakhi (Part II)

Quick note for those of you will find this information helpful!

*Mahadeva – another name for Lord Shiva. Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and he holds immense love and respect for Lord Shiva, and vice versa.

*Dwaraka – Krishna's kingdom

*Kanha – another name for Krishna

*Chappathi – a type of unleavened flatbread made from whole wheat flour

*Puri – deep-fried bread made from unleavened whole wheat flour

*Dal – a dish made from dried, split pulses

*Natkhat – a mischievous or naughty individual

"Vasudeva, you haven't eaten yet!" Yudhishthira called out, catching the attention of Draupadi and Krishna who turned towards everyone.

"We are coming, Brother. Sakha and his Sakhi were just discussing something," Krishna replied with a laugh.

"No one will ever understand you Sakha and Sakhi, Brother," Subhadra spoke up with her hands on her hips. "Now both of you come join us for dinner."

"If you don't support me, then who will side with this Vasudeva Krishna, my lovable Sister? Mahadeva, are you witnessing this injustice?" Krishna raised his arms in the air looking up towards his most respected, with an adorable pout on his face and amusement dancing in those mesmerizing eyes.

"Brother!"

"Subhadre!" he countered.

Subhadra shook her head laughing as she thought of her dear elder brother's antics. King of Dwaraka he was, yet still a natkhat lad at heart.

"Kanha, why are you pulling my dear Subhadra's leg again? Come join us for dinner, you trouble-maker!" Balarama mockingly scolded his younger brother.

"Brother! Even you're teaming against me now! Sakhi, now I only have you on my side," Krishna replied with mock exasperation and turned to Draupadi with pleading eyes.

Draupadi smiled at the father of the universe, who required nothing to be satisfied, yet continued to enjoy loving relationships with all, as a brother, son, father, husband and friend.

"Come on Govinda, you haven't eaten anything yet. Being your dear Sakhi, I cannot allow you to starve a minute longer!" she reprimanded him lovingly, making Krishna smile.

As Krishna settled down again with the others to have his dinner, Draupadi hustled around providing heaping second servings of food for everyone. Conversations resumed casually again, while one individual sat at the end, next to Nakula, with her plate of food barely touched.

Mitra played around with her food, breaking her chappathi into small pieces, but not eating it. Her thoughts had carried her away to the days before the great war, where she used to enjoy mealtimes more than any other time of the day. Eating from her mother's hand was the best. Tears blurred her vision as she remembered the days where she would refuse to take a single morsel of food, running away, as her mother would spend hours chasing after her with a plate of steaming chappathis or puris, cajoling her to have just a little more food. She had made her mother chase after her daily, and now fate had taken her mother away, far away where she would never be able to chase after. Mitra was shaken out of her thoughts as she felt a fingertip swipe a drop of water off her cheek. She had been completely lost in her memories, that she did not even register the tear that had left her eye.