Chapter 1: As friends?

You walk into the great hall, spotting James, Sirius and Remus at the gryffindor table. "Hey boys, whatever could you three be murmuring about" you say sitting beside James. They all immediately go quiet, and start smiling. You look at every one of there faces.
"Okay now I'm officially suspicious, spill" you say, putting your hands on the table.
"Actually we were talking about the yule ball, we were wondering who you're taking" padfoot asks.
"God you know well by now there's no one in this year who is actually willing to take me, besides there's only one boy I have my eye on... and NO Sirius I am not going to tell you" you smirk. "You can't do that y/n at least give us a hint" James laughed. "only if you tell me what you were talking about, surely it wasn't about who I'm bringing to some silly ball" you chuckle.
"You'd be suprised at how often your name comes up in conversation" Sirius joked slyly, looking at Remus.
"Don't give me that look padfoot" Remus spoke.
"Would you boys stop flirting for one second...wait let me guess Moony, you're taking padfoot to the ball" you joke.
"Actually there is someone I wanted to ask, but I'm not telling either".
"I can keep secrets too" he winked.

~time skip~

James and Sirius run off after breakfast, and you and lupin walk out together. "Those boys are never going to let up are they" Remus sighed with a smile.
"Not in the slightest, but it is rather funny how Googley eyed they get" you laugh.
"I'm not even sure how my date is holding up, how's yours?" He asked.
"I probably won't even ask them" you shrug.
"Prongs is going with lily" Remus told you.
"Finally...glad she got some sense" you said sarcastically.
"No doubt Sirius has girls lined up in the corridor waiting to ask him, why don't we just go together, as friends" lupin suggested.
"That's a great idea, beats all the nerves and stuttering" you smile.
"Cool well, I've got a class now, but I'll see you later sweetheart" Remus joked.
"Bye Moony" you shake your head smiling.