Eight

Annabeth

Okay. So when I first saw him sitting on the bench with a purple milk shake my knees went weak. He looked so good. Sunken eyes yes, but there was something about needing him and then having him come when I asked him to, early nonetheless, I feel like he matured. I know he didn't actually, and I know he regrets what he did. I just- I know he'll crawl his way back into my heart, so why not just forgive him now? He'll learn nothing. True. I miss him though. Move on. There are other guys who will treat you better, and be faithful. It just doesn't make sense. His fatal flaw is loyalty, how could he just- fuck someone else? I want to hate him so bad. I just can't! I love him. I will always love him. Still... I can't look at him without seeing that woman in his shirt.

It can't hurt just to have lunch right?
"Are you coming?" He stood up and stumbled to my side. It feels nice to have him back at my side. His shoulder keeps brushing against mine. Of course its sending those same tingles I'd get whenever he was around when we were thirteen, to sixteen and when we started dating... those tingles became fireworks. Don't even get me started on what it was like to be with him for the first time.

Seven years ago...

It was a month after our infamous underwater kiss. We had been testing the waters... no pun intended, with each other. I was really falling in love with him. I knew he was a great guy... well back then he would never have done what he
did- he would kiss me in public more. Yes the whole camp knew we were dating but I felt weird having everyone know. My siblings didn't approve of course. Their head counselor dating a Poseidon kid? Sacrilegious!

It was a Friday. After a game of capture the flag. Athena teamed up with Hermes, Dionysus and Apollo. While Hephaestus, Ares, and Poseidon teamed together. Yes I was pissed with him that he teamed with the red team but it just made it more fun.

I was on offense while he was on defense. When I got to their flag I was invisible, obviously, I wasn't careful which ended up being a great thing because he pounced on me, knocking my hat off. A Hephaestus camper was in a tree watching this unfold as Percy lay on top of me with a shit eating grin on his gorgeous face.
"Nice try Wise Girl."
"I haven't lost yet." He leaned his head down and kissed my neck, discovering my soft spot that I didn't know I had either. He was distracting me. I wasn't going to let his team win. No way.
"Oooh look at what I found." He continued to nip at it. I had to stop this before we were a public nuisance. He stood up and grabbed my dagger before I could even try to disarm him.

"Annabeth did you get it!?" He smirked, and handed me the flag.

"No. Fight me for it."

"If you say so."

...
I had him pinned, and disarmed when another sibling walked in to take the flag.

"Oh my eyes! Gah! Athena help me." He whined, took the flag and ran. I wanted to stab my brother. He was gonna get us smited. While I was distracted Percy kicked me off of him and stood up.

"My cabin. Ten tonight." He kissed my cheek and we ran off to the showers.

I nervously awaited for eight, then nine, and when nine fifty five rolled around, I took one last look at my siblings, I knew what Percy wanted. I was ready. I hope its happening at least. We have all this pent up tension between us and I think thats all going to change.

I grab my hate, take a deep breath and sprint across to cabin three. I knock my special three-knock knock, and when he opened the door I could have cried. I have the sweetest boyfriend. He was dressed up and made us dinner. Yes it was ten o'clock at night but he was being the sweet bastard he is.