Two

Annabeth

He just... left. I'm alone. Again. Everyone leaves. Even that one person you thought would never leave you... leaves.

He couldn't have just left right? Yeah, when was the last time anybody came back because they love me?

Oh gods, Percy, just come back! We can work this through! I'll just- I'll fix what I can of our apartment... if I can still call it that. I mean he didn't take clothes with him so... He'll come back. You don't leave someone without taking your clothes. Helen told me all about when her first husband left, she came home from work one day and all his stuff was gone.

I just hope he's okay. Percy I mean, not Helens ex husband. I need to call Piper. She should be able to help right?

"Piper!" I choke back some tears.

"A-Annabeth? What are you doing up? Its two in the morning." No way. I look up at the clock on the wall, the numbers jumping off and spinning until I can decipher what it says: 2:16.

"Sorry Pipes." I sniffle, I'm suddenly aware of how much I was crying.

"Annabeth... What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Percy left."

"What do you mean he left?"

"We had a fight and I called him a coward and we mentioned change or something—
I'm not sure exactly, it just all happened so fast and then he said if I want change he'll give me change" I mimicked his voice, poorly, some might add. "and he just... he just left pipes. He's gone." I couldn't hold back my sobs at that point.

"Oh Annabeth. I'm coming over right now." In the background of the call I could hear Jason ask where she was going, and give her a kiss goodbye, at least he knows his partner's coming back. Percy could die, or just decide he really has had enough of me and leave me f-for good.
...

Fifteen minutes passed until there was a knock at the door. I know Piper said she was coming but I really hoped it was Percy and maybe he forgot his keys, and I could convince him to stay, but when I opened the door it was just Piper as expected.

"What? I told you I was coming." I shook my head.

"I know I was just-" I choked on my tears.

"Oh you wanted it to be-" I nodded and she put her bags down to hug me. "Don't worry, he'll come back. You don't go through hell to be with someone and then just leave them after a little fight."

"Piper... what if it wasn't as little as I hope it is?"

"Walk me through it then." I told her everything. I told her that we were talking about, what we wanted to do this weekend and that I wanted to go apple picking while he just wanted to stay home and watch movies and just be with me.

"He left because you asked him to go apple picking?"

"Well not exactly..."

"Girl! He'll be back. The boy can't live without you."

"But-"

"No. He'll realize that things got blown way out of proportion, and he'll come back crawling on his knees. I promise you." She hugged me and we dug into the ice cream she bought.
------

Percy

I got a call from Jason.

"Dude what happened?"

"I left! I've had enough! She's so bossy! And then she called me a coward, so I left!" My voice was oddly steady, considering everything that's happened tonight.