Chapter 34: Diana

Chapter 34: Diana

Wait, another crack at erasing memories? When else had Athelia done that? Then it clicked. The way her dad had acted, calming down all of a sudden, changing the topic. Peter Jr heading off to bed.
"You messed with my family's minds?" Diana yelled. Athelia at least had the grace to look suitably chastised. Isibel just shrugged.
"You're welcome." Izzy elaborated on the shrug. Diana, however, was furious.
"How dare you? It's not your head, you don't get to just dive in there and mess around with whatever you like!" The majority of her rage was directed at Isibel, but some at Athelia, for going along with it.
"No, I don't, that's not my specialty anyway. Funnily enough, the brainiac was the ones messing with people's brains." Isibel informed her.
"Oh thanks, Isibel." Athelia said sarcastically, as Diana turned her glare on her.
"What are you talking about now?" Diana turned to her father as he spoke, his agitated tone catching her attention. "First it's this "God-given" Tattoo, then someone else called Diana, and now, well now I'm truly lost." Diana felt slightly guilty at mentioning the first two items, but there was no way to fix that now. 

'I should just tell him.' She thought.
'Mayhaps you should refrain from doing that, Diana. It would not be easy learning your child hosted a Goddess. I believe that thou wouldst be examined thoroughly if this ever came to light, My Guarder.' The Goddess was just trying to help, but it didn't make Diana feel any better.
'He practically knows already.' Diana tried to reason.
'Your friend could remedy that.' The goddess said seriously. And in that moment, Diana saw the temptation in using Athelia's powers to make all her problems go away. But just because it was the easy way, didn't make it the right way. It was just wrong to think that someone had the power to change someone's thoughts, take their memories. She'd like her head to remain hers, thanks.
'No, it's not right, having someone mess around in your head. I can't do that to my dad.' Diana explained to the goddess.
'Oh, thee are unhappy with my presence?' The goddess asked sadly.
'What? I didn't say...I didn't mean you. You're not messing up my memories. Are you?'
'Assuredly not, My Guarder.' Diana nodded, satisfied. Then a thought struck.
'So what do I do now?'
'That is up to thee, My Guarder.' 
'Helpful.' Diana didn't have a clue as to what she could do to rectify the situation.

"Dad..." Diana started. But she didn't get to finish.
"Mr Hunt, I think you deserve to know this." Athelia butted in. Diana looked at her in surprise. Surely she wouldn't tell her Dad everything. Would she? Athelia caught her eye and nodded.
"Lia, don't do this." Diana said in a threatening voice. Athelia just looked apologetic.
"Mr Hunt, Diana had a Goddess in her head, talking to her and lending her powers." Diana looked at her dad. Surely he wouldln't buy this.
"Do I look stupid to you?" Her father growled at her best friend. "I outgrew fairy tales a long time  ago, young lady. Pull the other one." Athelia: 0. Dad: 1.
"It's not a fairy tale. It's the truth. Diana has a goddess in her head. Infact," Don't say it, don't say it. "We all do." She said it. Di glanced over at her dad, and saw that his jaw would probably need clicked back into place after this. Great.

After that, it wasn't hard at all to relay the stories from the previous four days, and make him believe it. After all, when someone can conjure up a fireball out of nothing, or move objects from the other side of the room, it's not that hard to believe that the rest of the impossible might actually be possible too.
"So now, you have a choice." Athelia said gravely. "You can either remember this conversation, which you would never be able to breathe a word of, or you can forget about this whole thing, and go back to thinking that your daughter is just a normal teenager. Both has it's pros and cons, so it's entirely up to you. Di's dad looked at her for a moment, then Isibel, and then Athelia, before his eyes slowly travelled back to her. He spoke, never taking his eyes from hers.