Chapter 6: Diana

Chapter 6: Diana

Diana had thoroughly enjoyed the look on Athelia's face when she had approached her with a change of plans for that night, but she was gutted that all the blonde girl had wanted to do was a quiet night at the coffee shop. 'Oh well', she thought to herself as she trooped into maths. It wasn't going to matter anyway. Diana had a plan that would make this night amazing, no matter what. She entered the maths room just behind Thalia, and they took their regular seats together, on the other side of the classroom to Isibel and Ray, who Diana and Ta despised.

"What are you thinking, Di?" Thalia asked. Diana had to smile. Thalia always knew when she was up to something. It was another reason why Diana got along with her so well.

"I'm thinking that tonight is going to need some spicing up." She smiled wickedly at Thalia, and got a grin of glee back.

"So what's the plan?" Thalia inquired. Diana just shook her head, and nodded towards Mr Medies, who had started talking, something about the discriminant formula for finding branches... Or was it for finding roots? Thalia, however, wasn't going to let it go that easy. "Just tell me!" She whispered.

"Shush." Diana hushed her and turned her attention to the front of the room. She was going to have to pay attention in math this year, or she was going to fail big time. She had just started writing down the formula of the day when Thalia spoke again, making her grind her teeth.

"Can you just tell me? Please?" Diana sighed. It was going to be a long hour if she didn't concede soon.

"I'll tell you in Phys Ed." She hissed, hoping to keep the questions at bay for just a little while longer. Thalia thought about this for a moment, and then nodded her agreement. They sat in silence for the rest of the class, copying the notes, and listening to the other students struggle to give the answers to Mr Medies questions. Surprisingly, Diana noted, Isibel had several correct answers today, a feat so unusual it made her wonder if she didn't have outside help, like a mate on the other end of an earpiece or something. She shrugged it off, however, and finished the note she was making. 

The bell rang not long after that, releasing them from their hour of mathematical torture and heralding the freedom of Physical Education. As Diana walked down the hall with Thalia, she spotted Athelia rubbing her temple, and stopped to talk with her.

"Lia! What's the matter?" Athelia looked up and grimaced.

"Stupid headache." She muttered.

"Physics do your head in or something?" Thalia piped up. Athelia rolled her eyes at her.

"Hardly. They were only doing revision on mechanics. It wasn't rocket science." It was Thalia's turn to roll her eyes now. What was kindergarten stuff to Athelia was rocket science to Ta, and the rest of the world. Diana decided it was time to step in.

"Thalia, we have to go change for Phys Ed. Come on." She smiled apologetically at Athelia. "I hope your headache gets better. See you tonight?" Athelia nodded.

"See you!" She darted off in the direction of chemistry - her next class - leaving Di and Thalia to hurry  down the halls to the gym.

The whole time they were changing, Thalia was giving Di her puppy dog eyes, begging her silently to tell her the plans for tonight, but it wasn't until they were warming up - 10 laps around the gym - that Diana gave in and told her.

"Okay here's the plan. You know the back door in the coffee shop?" Thalia nodded her confirmation, and Diana launched into her plan.

"So all we need." Diana concluded. "Is maple syrup, ketchup, brown sugar, a fake knife and fireworks." Thalia smiled evilly at Diana who laughed in return.