Adequate Slingshots

"Not bad!" Lena doged the rammstone a few centimetres and quickly recovered her position by firing a dark urichin.

"Why did you guys had to be here." Kord groaned taking on the twins with Pronto.

"You know, I could say the same about you all." Lena replied firing her Attacknut, trapping Trixie's legs before she could lunge.

"Well its not like we were the ones who started a fight." Trixie spated at her, furiously tearing the webs off her legs.

She's not wrong tho. Lena loaded another ghoul aiming at her but the sudden speed stinger which passed by her made her mismatch her shot and hit a nearby tree.

"Ugh.." Glancing to her side she saw Eli running towards her.

"Leona," He called out with his blaster still aimed at her. "We don't want any trouble." His voice calculated and cautious, as if he were to calm down a feral animal.

Slight goosebumps grazed down her body hearing her full name being called by him.

It had been a while since they first met and that wasn't much in better circumstances either.

His burning gaze was focused on her.

"Lets just leave and go our separate ways."

As if

Clutching her baster she fired her grimmstone, hitting the ground and making him tumble on his fall, the blasted pits roughly grazing his skin before he held his arm over his face.

"You know, the last time I checked you weren't welcome in that citadel." She spoke indicating the earlier events.

He seemed to catch the hint as his own expression coruscated annoyance.

"And the last time I checked, Blakk wasn't welcome in those mines." He raved back.

They were walking around in a circle by the time they noticed.

Eli's frustration as soon as it came, started fading away when he matched his expressions with her puzzled ones.

"What do you mean, what mines?"

He couldn't determine weather she was faking her bemusation but it was quite convincing he would admit.

"The Herringebone mines. Don't act like you don't know! Those were the cavren's own quarry." He stated in a salient tone.

"They used the crystals and gold they dig to feed the locals their. But Blakk just had to invade them, even when they clearly stated it wasn't for haggle."

She shook her head merely to herself. Her confusion had her distracted to which Eli could easily take advantage but went against it.

"But what did that have to do with those ghouls at the warehouse." She wanted get more intel about it. Now noting she hadn't been notified about the Herringebone Cavren. And she made no efforts to hide her puzzlement from him.

"Those Crystalyds were used to help in the digging process there. But Blakk took their only source away, not even caring about the town's inhabitants and thier suffering without food."

Lena felt dismayed at what he stated.
It.. can't be right, there must be some other reason. He's only doing this for the expansion of his work. Ofcousre he would care about the locals there, right?

"Well if they would've just negotiated like they were told to, it would've gone well." She replied with a careless gesture of shrug.

His expression's manner changed slightly by her words while Trixie stood their beside him with spitefulness in her eyes.