The Slugrun

Shrill movements of mechanical heaps, grinding of the solid joints, rattling to the course.

The ground shook from the heavy thumps of iron paws and claws.

Pebble like siltstones trembled over the sand stuck plane. Inching back and forth from the vibration.

Voices submissive over the howling mechanical beasts, who established their dominance over every trial they stepped on.

Strong yet unforgivingly hot gusts of wind blew through her raven hair, as Lena sat straight on her mecha.

Clover eyes accumulating every inch of what they could catch.

It was loud, enraging. And somehow enthralling.

The Slugrun was about to start. Only a blaster shot to decipher. Before charging towards the death rack itself.

And it made the epinephrine within her veins buzzing even more wildly.

She kicked up her mecha in a foot pace, walking through the large crowd and gazing at the competitors.

"This is actually pretty cool." Her eyes surveyed the unique designs of models, each one more intriguing than the other.

"I know right."

From the side of her eyes she saw a figure approaching, slowing down once she reached her pace.

"First time? Mine too."

Lena curiously gazed at the girl, her face plastered with a charming smile.

"Yeah." Muttered her, eyes distracted by the captivating appearance of the new commer.

Caramel skin as flawless as a fallen autumn leaf, while her chestnut eyes pooled a warm brown.

A beautiful afro rested on her head, dark curls drizzling down from edges. Features gleamed with heartening pleasure.

"Y'know it's rude to stare at people."

Leona blinked.

"I don't remember giving you the permission to talk to me as well then."

She blurted out loud but instantly heat rose to her cheeks at her own candid but involuntary response. The girl laughed mirthfully while shaking her hand at her.

"I apologize, your highness. So are you gonna tell me your name flushed-face?"

She felt more warmth rising up to her neck by the called-name. Now diverting her eyes from her.

"Leona."

Lena watched her movements going rigid for a subtle second. And she quietly inhaled a breath, noting that the girl figured out.

"...So you're really a Blakk huh. Well this competition got alot more interesting."

A grin soon formed on her perfect lips, mesmerising Lena's green eyes again.

"Could've guessed from that symbol." Her eyes darted on Lena's shoulder pad, where the crimson crust was embedded on her cloth.