Tension

"....You wanna talk about it?"

"No."

The blues in his eyes were persistent in their staring.

"You sure-"

"Yes."

Monosyllabic speech seems like her new found habit to him.

"Alright."

His face swerved forward. And the silence lingered with each thump of their steps.

"Y'know it's better if we talked it o-"

"Can't you vocal cords take a break?"

Leona's sliver voice cuts him off faster than her blade could.

In this dome of probabilities.. aswell as adversities, with a distance of 5 feet apart both the slingers harbour, they walk in pace through a never ending cleft.

Uncertainty hints the air with its stale scent, it builds a fortress inbetween them.

Curious glances are stolen from Eli, who wondered why was there needed a distance anyways, when they both had agreed not to take out their blasters?

The aimless route they took had been going for the past ten minutes after they decided to leave their mecas behind.

Lucky had taken the same damage under the effect of one of the opponent's electrocuter, rendering it a convulsing mess which had resulted in Eli's rough fall down this cleft.

Eli's indignant expressions were reasonable at that time, since he berated himself for being foolish enough for this incident to happen twice, after the previous Slugrun.

Eli was quick to explore around for different openings, since this year's race track was completely different from the previous ones, but thanks to his prior experience, he did seem to believe he had better chances to escape this time.

But who knew when he'd return, he would witness a whole private theatrical between the younger Blakk and someone whom she seemed very familiar with.

The strain taut her voice when Leona expressed she did everything she could to survive, halted Eli in his steps behind her.

And the rest of the conversation was heard by him willingly.

"I knew I should've studied the layout of this race before-hand." Leona's mutter under her breath was caught by Eli. His own eyes dart around the rocky walls that trapped them, only giving them an opening to move forward.

"The walls aren't made for climbing. And I've only been able to explore up to this point." Eli heaves a sigh, entailing the way forward is a mystery to him too.

He could tell how tense Leona is, practically could feel the tension exuding from her side. Regardless he tries his best to keep his eyes forward.

Burpy chirps for attention, brandishing his small arms up in the air to gesticulate Eli something. He takes a moment then lifts his eyes up to the opening above, that had narrowed down to a scanty gap now.
The riders had all passed over it long ago, leaving them with no one to call out to up there.