A Toast To Uprising Disaster

".....No."

Her reply came out as blunt as her face void of any emotions.

"Pleaseee kiddo, you know Dr Blakk wont give us permission. You're our only hope!"

Lode begged with his hands clapped together and pleading eyes. But not availing in making her bored expressions change.

"Your telling me to give you permission to get off your duties for a day.. just go to East Rift cavren for some root beer?"

"Precisely." Lode replied, making her stare at them dumb founded.

"Honestly what did I expect.." She muttered under her breath.

"Find someone else to play this pretence with, I've got better stuff to do." Waving her hand dismissively at them she turned away and continued her pace.

"Kiddo please! They are putting the special chocolate root beer on the menu we can't miss!" Lode urged on, stopping her once again. She drew a long inflated breath.

"And what's in this for me?"

"...You get to come along with us?" Locke replied with a sheepish shrug.

"Unbelievable." They stopped her once more before she could turn away and walk. Their actions making her let out a groan.

"Please Lena, we promise we'll make it up to you!"

Giving it a few more thoughts she glanced at them once again to find them looking at her with desperate stares.

"Ugh fine.." she heaved a sigh of defeat. Knowing there was no point in arguing with the stubborn twins.

They hooted out loud, giving her a manly pat only for her to stumble forward.

Coughing a few times she cleared her throat. "And what if he finds out about it?"

"The Phantom express driver is only allowed to drive on accounts of Blakk. So with you going with us, he wont bother us with questions and take us anywhere we want. We'll be in and out in no time."

"Wait we're going on the Phantom express?"

"Kid," Lode draped an arm around her shoulder, unaware of its heaviness on her body. "If your going on a ride, you should ride in style!"

"And also cause our mecas are parked way back behind the building." Locke finished.

"Of course." She couldn't help but roll her eyes upon thier dense actions.

------------------------

The ecstasy ride to the EastRift passed with rushing adrenaline, with the twins listening to songs and often singing to the lyrics out loud, and Leona playing with her slugs and silently enjoying the loud musical beat the vehicle drowned in.

Forwarding it to their current situation at the pub.

"What do you mean you have no money?!"

The were standing by the bar counter, waiting for their turn.

"Well we didn't exactly say we have no money. Its more like, we have money but we left it behind."

"Ugh why!" She groaned hitting her forehead at the counter.

"Well you could always give us a treat, right? I mean since we are such good buddies." Locke smiled lazily draping his arm around her shoulders.

"Not in a million years." Rolling her eyes she moved away realising it was their turn.

"What can I get for yo- Oh miss Blakk! I wasn't aware of your presence." The barter spoke with all the coolness gone from his face.

Before she could reply he continued, "Oi Jacob! Lead them to an empty booth right away." He called out to a particular waiter. "Don't worry folks, the drinks on the house for ya."