FOURTY TWO

YOU GUYS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IM GEEKING OUT RN

^^^^^HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SOMEHOW GETTING STORY THAT I LOVE WRITING SO MUCH UP TO #1 I'M ACTUALLY LOSING MY SHIT OVER THIS I ADORE ALL OF YOU

When they got home that night, the very first thing Katherine did was have a shower.

Even though she knew it was too crazy and impossible to actually be true, she felt like there was still some part of Eichen that had seeped into her skin after that night's events, and she wanted it gone. She wanted it removed from her memory completely.

She numbly said hello to her dad who was heading up to bed, grabbed pyjamas from her dresser and glasses case from her bedside table, and shut the bathroom door closed behind her with trembling hands and shallow breaths. The moment it was locked, she twisted the dial for the ceiling fan and sunk down onto the floor and tangled her fingers into her hair, yanking in an attempt to use that pain as a distraction.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she pulled her knees up, digging them into her chest.

Come on, Katherine, come on, get your shit together...5 things you can see in here, what are they?

She had to blink tears out of her eyes just to see the room properly.

Shower curtain, um...a shampoo bottle — a shakily inhaled breath — the toilet, my toothbrush...a uh...the towel I got.

Mhmm, good, now four things you can touch.

Her trembling hand reached out and felt the wooden cupboard doors below the sink; the shower curtain to her left; the fuzzy fabric of her pajama pants; the rigid texture of the scars on her stomach.

Three things you can hear?

The ceiling fan, um...I can hear the TV downstairs, and Dad snoring in bed.

Two things you can smell.

The toothpaste on the counter, and — her lips twitched up into a weak smile — and Stiles down stairs, he's...he's cooking Mac and Cheese for dinner.